Clutch cover replacement.

emptyoh9

Reaction score
Anyone had the misfortune to have to replace it?

I was wondering if the bearing for the clutch axle shaft was easy or difficult to remove? In my haste to get a new cover i din't look at the assembly that goes through the cover so i haven't ordered new bearings etc. any advice would be much appreciated.

Is it worth getting all new bits or can i use all the old (6 weeks) bearings cir clips etc?

This is the bit i mean

Invalid Parameter Error

Also found this on our sister site

Clutch & Timing Chain Cover replacement

Cheers guys

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone had the misfortune to have to replace it?

I was wondering if the bearing for the clutch axle shaft was easy or difficult to remove? In my haste to get a new cover i din't look at the assembly that goes through the cover so i haven't ordered new bearings etc. any advice would be much appreciated.

Is it worth getting all new bits or can i use all the old (6 weeks) bearings cir clips etc?

This is the bit i mean

Invalid Parameter Error

Also found this on our sister site

Clutch & Timing Chain Cover replacement

Cheers guys
I'm sure the "rattling" noise on cypher's bike is something to do with bearings not being seated properly. Ud have to ask him.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Cypher

Reaction score
Lol, don't even get me started on clutch covers...

My bike is slowly dying because of me having to change it. The mechanic couldn't get the bearing out and had to put the old casing back and order it. In fact, as I had to replace all 3 covers he had the same problem with the casing on the other side too. Since then I've been having noises, which my dealer initially told me was my imagination. However, the noise has developed into something more serious now. So serious that my bike is sometimes shaking as if it would be running out of fuel and I can feel some nasty vibrations in my handlebars. I was riding home a couple days ago in full seriousness expecting something to lock up inside. I was already planning on what I'd do if I was to fall :/

Also, I was charged £180 to replace the cover because the mechanic (supposedly) couldn't get it back for 3 hours. Don't ask me if it's an overcomplicated engine or sheer incompetence...

So there ya go. Tell whoever will be doing it to be VERY careful with fitting the bearings. Unfortunately I had to find it out the hard way and now I'm standing absolutely helpless in front of the system where no one is willing to do anything for their customer. Anyway, good luck with your repairs mate.