Shad Full Luggage

aceofhearts

Reaction score
This just arrived so couldn't help but fit it straight away :D I have 10 days off in September so am planning a trip around Europe, not sure on destinations yet though

My Toy

Reaction score
That looks quality[emoji106]have a fab trip[emoji41]

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

offo

Reaction score
Looks good, Ive gone for the same set up as you except for the top box, i ordered the titanium, shouldn't be too much longer now!

BUZZ

Reaction score
Looks like the tail tidy causes the indicators fo fowl the panniers ..
As I understand it the original monstrosity was designed with this in mind.

offo

Reaction score
Couldn't the rubber stem on the OE indicators be cut down or would they then be partially hidden by the number plate?
My luggage has now arrived at the in laws so that will be my job for Saturday morning i expect, only took four days to be shipped from Italy. :D

aceofhearts

Reaction score
No the way they mount means they would be difficult to modify. The R&G kit comes with the bits to fit universal indicators though and some nice looking small Led ones were only £12 on ebay :)

Where did you order your luggage from? Mine took about 2 weeks bit seemed very cheap. Did you order the pannier inner bags as well?

offo

Reaction score
I ordered the panniers & top box from Genial Motor in Italy & they included the bags in the price.
The mounting kits came from France via Ebay.
All ordered on 18th, frames arrived on 22nd & cases arrived yesterday, couldn't wait so fitted it tonight!
Very impressed with the quality & I saved over £300.00 compared to UK prices so i'm happy. ?

offo

Reaction score
Did you change the lock on the top box, if so how does the mechanism come out, ive watched a 20 second video on youbtube, removed all 4 screws & tried pulling while pushing on the sides as they did but it don't want to release, i don't want to keep pulling incase something break!

aceofhearts

Reaction score
I tried changing it but the barrel didn't fit! I watched that video too but on this model you actually get to it by pulling the 'release' lever out and ten you can get a socket in behind the barrel to remove the nut and it pops out.

offo

Reaction score
I did manage to get the whole mechanism out in the end just before i came to work, i also had the same trouble with the new tumbler chamber not fitting the black outer, this confused me slightly as they are the same size, however i borrowed a micrometer at work & the new tumbler chamber isn't perfectly round, i will try to remedy this with a file when i get home just after lunch.
The new tumbler chamber seems to be produced differently as there are two compression marks each side which i think has squeezed the whole thing out of true, the irregularity seems to be each side of where the brass pins protrude through the casing top & bottom.

offo

Reaction score
Managed to file down the tumbler chamber to fit the black metal outer & can now use one key on all locks, was fairly easy & straigtforward just had to keep filing a bit then try it again sort of thing.
I have also emailed Shad to see if they know of the problem & what their fix is.

offo

Reaction score
Stef998 - All i know is that the panniers are SH36 & the top box is SH48, i got mine from Genial Motor in Italy, the mounting kits i got from Btscoot1 on Ebay, they are in France, all came in less than a week & all fitted well except for the lock problem which SHAD are aware of.

Aceofhearts - If you email SHAD from their Spanish website with your problem & your name & address they will send you the part to rectify the problem.

Last edited:

Stuart McIntosh

Reaction score
Hello, just registered, do you mind if I ask how much that full set of luggage cost ??

aceofhearts

Reaction score
Just a little update:

Just got back from a 2000 mile European jaunts with the luggage fully loaded and it was great, and the inner bags for the panniers were really handy. Mounting was secure and was tested up to around 100mph on the Autobahns without anything falling off ;) You might notice the new indicators in the pictures as well which have tons of clearance to the pannier rails and I got matching for the front too.

Plenty of space, good mountings, thumbs up from me! I didn't even have any issues filtering which I thought I might so its good all round really.