Opinions wanted on MT09 purchase option :)

Tropicocity

Reaction score
Hi guys :)

So I've decided on the MT09 - was considering the MT07 but I honestly think the 09 looks heaps better visually, and the extra power of the engine sounds lovely.

I want one in race blue, but they had to introduce a new colour scheme didn't they!? Now I'm in a pickle!

To make a long story short, my two current options are as follows:

2013/63 plate, 2500 miles, old style race blue, non-ABS, £4900 - private seller

2015/15 plate, 200 (yes two hundred!) miles, new style race blue, with ABS, £5995 - dealer seller

Is an ~£1100 premium worthwhile in your opinion for what I would personally consider a better colour, 2000+ less miles, and the 15 plate?

The money isn't too much of a problem and I wouldn't be making sacrifices by spending the extra, it's just quite a large price difference as you can see :)

Thanks in advance!

Swagger

Reaction score
Well if money isn't the problem get the 2015 machine as it's the one you really want.

My Toy

Reaction score
The 63 plate bike will run out of warranty soon where the 15 plate will have plenty of warranty left, and you say you like the colour best. Plus you get ABS and the protection of buying from a dealer.

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

DavidB

Reaction score
Real cost of the fifteen plate in the great colour should be around £15 per week in depreciation......that's around 5 pints when converted into the currency round here............and a packet of crisps.........Go for it big style mate ?

Good luck

stevecbr

Reaction score
get the one you really want. I personally prefer the older one, does the new one have blue forks?
ABS could be a bonus, if you like that sort of thing.
On a plus point, at least you know if you get the newer one, in 2 years you'll only lose a grand in depreciation. Theres not many bike depreciate that slowly