Air Hawk

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Anyone ever tried an air hawk seat pad, I have a monster tour coming up in April, Spain to N Ireland. I have done this before but in reverse and it was not on the MT. I did it on my Z1000SX but I had a Sargent seat on that.
I find the stock seat okay on runs about 120/140 miles before a numb. Just wondering if anyone has tried the air hawk. Any feed back welcome.

KatanaAl

Reaction score
I have an Airhawk which is very comfortable. I only use it for serious longhaul stuff like the first day of a European tour when we usually do 400 miles plus. It is fantastic on the motorway, autobahns, peage etc. I never use it when we get to say the Alps as it makes me feel slightly remote from the bike.

fizzy

Reaction score
As TT says the SR seat seems to be the best, I have the comfort seat it's a bit better than the standard,did a big euro trip last year and didn't have any problems, a few of my mates who do big miles on sports bikes use padded cycling shorts with good results

Fluke

Reaction score
Hi mate
I've got and air hawk and I love it to bits.
Like Katana Al, I use it for the long boring first part of a long journey but as soon as the twisties show up, I want to feel my saddle.
Only bit of advice is to take time setting it up to get the right amount of air in it.
I like to have only just enough to get my arse off the seat. Any more than that and I move about too much.
Hope that helps;)

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Fluke's right the temptation with the Airhawk is to over inflate it which would sit you really high and completely remote from the bike.
I think most people do this initially and it puts them off using the Airhawk.
I'm taking my Tracer seat to Saddlecraft in South Shields to have it reworked. One of the guys I ride with has had his done and it feels much better than stock. Cost £90

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Builders sponge....
Shape to desired contour......
Slap it in the "knob crushing void".....
Re-staple......
Hey presto.....
Decent seat for about £1-£2

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I have a pair of winter cycling trousers that have a Gel pad in them. I think I will just use these. I forgot got I had them. Must admit I tried them on last night and the wife said I looked like Max Wall in them lol.

XB12X

Reaction score
I bought an Airhawk for my KTM 950Adv in 2005 and hated it. Whatever the amount of air I put in, I felt remote from the bike.

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Hi
Thinking of going the Airhawk way...
I've tried gel but really whilst better than nothing it's not that good.
Which Airhawk product did you buy please?
Thanks
Tony

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Hi mate
I've got and air hawk and I love it to bits.
Like Katana Al, I use it for the long boring first part of a long journey but as soon as the twisties show up, I want to feel my saddle.
Only bit of advice is to take time setting it up to get the right amount of air in it.
I like to have only just enough to get my arse off the seat. Any more than that and I move about too much.
Hope that helps;)
Hi Fluke just posted a question to you 4.33 today but posted quick reply rather than reply with quote direct to you-if you see what I mean....
What Airhawk did you buy?

Fluke

Reaction score
Arse relief. (Ooh err!)

Hi Fluke just posted a question to you 4.33 today but posted quick reply rather than reply with quote direct to you-if you see what I mean....
What Airhawk did you buy?
Hi Mate
I got the AirHawk 2.
Got it second hand on ebay and saved a few quid.
Still use it and really like it.
Cheers, Fluke

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Hi Mate
I got the AirHawk 2.
Got it second hand on ebay and saved a few quid.
Still use it and really like it.
Cheers, Fluke
Hi Fluke
Thanks for that!
Can you possibly tell me which one it is, maybe size etc as there seem to be a lot of different variations..
Cheers
Tony

Fluke

Reaction score
Hi Fluke
Thanks for that!
Can you possibly tell me which one it is, maybe size etc as there seem to be a lot of different variations..
Cheers
Tony
I just had a look and the box says its the medium. 36x38x4cm
Hope this helps