Fitting Renthals

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Is anybody aware of replacement risers that will enable the fitment of standard 22mm renthals to the MT09?

I really don't get this fatter in the middle thing that Yam went for on the MT with the standard bars.

I don't like the off centre dash much either, but kinda stuck with that I guess because of the ignition switch position.

mwahhs.

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Just buy and fit rental fatbars and they will go straight on with no reason to change the risers!!!

Cheers daps:cool:

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Just buy and fit rental fatbars and they will go straight on with no reason to change the risers!!!

Hmmm interestings, and all the furniture fits as it does on the standard bars?

My bars didn't get bent in my little lowside luckily, I just like renthals, I spent many happy years with them on my trials bikes, used to be quite good many years ago, made expert status but that's another story, never stopped me lowsiding.

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Yeh, simple as peas. I've fitted rental fat bars to quite a few bikes and its my next mod for my MT.

They are wider in the middle like the standard bars and then taper down to allow the fitment of switch gear etc.

The only issue I have ever had was the small pips on the inside of the switch gear that locate in a small hole on most standard bars to avoid them moving, so you would have to drill out two holes in your rental bars or cut the pips off.

I will let you know how it goes when I get and fit mine if you wanna be sure all is well.

W8ENN

Reaction score
I just want black bars and renthal is a name I trust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdy

Reaction score
Hmmm,, i love my bars , they look classy ! All my other nails .. bikes.. had cheapo looking chrome. Renthals .. cool , but reminds me of my trail/ enduro days, i would lovingly fit a shiny new pair ,then hurtle into the nearest hedge/wall/fence/sheep all of the above , and bend the buggers ! Very traumatic experience for a man with my wallet .

dapsmt09

Reaction score
rental fat bars fitted.

IMG_20140607_165430.jpg
As title, my Rental black fat bars are now on.
They feel and look ace IMO, I also fit some Rental trials grips an put on the standard r/h mirror as I lost the one mounted on the standard bartend. Street rally seat next and it is going to feel proper supermoto!!!!

Thoughts?

Twozup

Reaction score
I know I know Renthal, bloody spell check keeps changing it. Feel real nice!!!!

Haha Daps that old spellchecker chestnut!
More like the dreaded Beer Fog what with TT ending!!
Its all good mate- and the Renthal bars look top notch bud!

Sent from my mind using my fingers

PaulG

Reaction score
Are these an SX bend?I was looking for the lowest rise and least back-sweep and it seems SX bends fulfil those specs .

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Hi Paul,
I don't know what bend they are, I just compared them to a MT in the shop and they just looked right!

Cheers daps!!!