0 Thread(s)

Hi guys. I'm mark from Pontefract, I've just bought a MT09

Bike
    2015 Blazing Orange MT-09 ABS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations. The bike is awesome. Enjoy.
    2015 Blazing Orange ABS + Flash Tune/STech 2016 Flash + Nitron R1 Shock + Race Tech Springs + SP Engineering Moto GP Extreme Full System + V-Trec Levers + Yamaha Air Intake Covers + Yamaha Sports Screen + GSG Engine Sliders + R&G Tail Tidy + Evotech Rad Guard + Evotech Chain Guard + Evotech Pillion Blanking Plates + Pyramid Seat Cowl + Pyramid Side Infill Panels + Puig CNC Oil Plug + Rosso Corsa II's + Puig Race Valves

Bike
    MT09 2014 ABS + AKRO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Member New Bike New Life

Hi Guys n Gals,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've just bought an MT09 and collect the beauty Tomorrow. very excited!

Can't see a lot of regular posts on here but then again we are heading into winter.

anyway nice to meet you all and safe riding!

thanks

T

Bike
    2016 R1, 2016 MT09, 2014 MT07, 2016 Tracer
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bike
    2016 Yamaha MT-09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink New to the Naked Bike World

Hello and Mabuhay from the Philippines! Been riding Dirtbikes for years and decided to move to the World of Naked Bikes. Saw the MT-09 on Youtube and I said this is where I want to be.
    Just got my 2016 Yamaha MT-09A a month ago and loving everybit of it. Looking forward to Learn and Share with you all about the great bike. Cheers!

Bike
    MT 09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New 2016 MT-09 Race Blu owner in North Somerset here! Tail tidy already fitted - other mods to follow

Bike
    FJR1300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello - first time on this forum

Hi, I'm looking at the MT 09 as a possible FJR replacement. Most of the info and reviews I've read are good. Is there any particular weakness on this model. For instance, the FJR suffers from poor servicing of the suspension linkage. Are there any such problems to look out for with the MT 09.
    I prefer the seat height of the MT 09 over theTracer. What's the main difference between these models?

Bike
    MT-09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ant View Post
    Hi, I'm looking at the MT 09 as a possible FJR replacement. Most of the info and reviews I've read are good. Is there any particular weakness on this model. For instance, the FJR suffers from poor servicing of the suspension linkage. Are there any such problems to look out for with the MT 09.
    I prefer the seat height of the MT 09 over theTracer. What's the main difference between these models?
    I'd say you're on the wrong track if you want the MT to be an FJR. The Tracer is far more suited to the role, with the screen etc. IMO the MT is far too hooligan to be a touring bike.

The bike is still probably too new to have any problems like that but Yamaha are not renowned for over greasing bearings in the factory.

Bike
    FJR1300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I'll look again at the Tracer.

Bike
    Tracer 900, RaceBlu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tracer is a great bike, so is the MT; the linkage needs lubing at some service check ups, its not going to last forever.
    You can use the MT as touring bike, i've done the Alps and Harz mountains, and worked absolutely wonderful - if anything, a bit bugger fuel would be great - but the standard seat isn't, so the fuel stop after 120 miles is very welcomed. This is where the tracer comes in.
    As mentioned, the MT is hooligan, the Tracer is just nimble and still fun, it will crave through corners with a big smile on your face, but very relaxing at the same time.
    If you want less hooligan go for the tracer. If you want freekin laughing cornering and fun all over on every single occasion, go for the MT.