Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 & Xmax 250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I currently have the Michelin pilot road 3's, they have done just over 5000 miles, still a fair bit left. Very good all round, I ride year round so can safely say great in the wet

Bike
    Tracer 900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone using the new Dunlop road smart 3 yet on their bike ?.

Bike
    MT09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun64 View Post
    I don't and wouldn't recommend it unless your really skint or just using it for work plus a new set of tyres feels great compared to the shite you have on,you can get Michelin PR2s round my way fitted to loose wheels £170 plus at this time of year many tyre manufacturers have deals on like £30 off etc.
    There is no problem mixing brands as long as you get a good rear tire why waste all the tread on the front by replacing it. I have done this many many times without a problem.

Bike
    Mt09 tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tyre companies do not recommend mix matching tyres, especially different makes. its not something that I would do, because all tyres handle differently. The dunlop d222 shite I got with my Tracer, compared to dunlop-roadsmart-iii that I have on now feels like a different bike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    There is no problem mixing brands as long as you get a good rear tire why waste all the tread on the front by replacing it. I have done this many many times without a problem.
    Each to there own but I find my front tyres are only 500 mile behind the rear in wear difference,I find at first glacé the front may look like new but the shoulders are down to there wear markers,I suppose it all depends on we're and how you ride.my bikes avoid motorways There only used for fun so get plenty twisties in.

Bike
    Yamaha mt 09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I'm going to try some Metzeler roadtecs, to be honest the front has been less than convincing in the wet so will swap the pair... Though I've had no issues in the dry.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bike
    Yamaha mt 09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone used Michelin pilot power's? Local shop has a pair for £129 tempted by price I know they are older tyres. Ta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wakers View Post
    Has anyone used Michelin pilot power's? Local shop has a pair for £129 tempted by price I know they are older tyres. Ta.

Old sports tyres ghat won't last very long that's why there cheap.

Bike
    YAMAHA MT-09 ABS matt-grey
    Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city center, 100m from a sandy beach
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking for the next set of tyres and in Athens is difficult to find the new Metzeler Roadtec 01.
    Allthough i can find Metzeler roadtec Z8 & Michelin PR4 for the same price.
    After using 2 sets of the excellent imo PR4 i'm thinking to try the Z8.
    But first i need to get the permision of the Forum...
    the motorcycleboy reigns

Bike
    MT-09, Fazer8, MT-03
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wakers View Post
    Done 1652 miles and the rear Dunlop is looking pretty much buggared lol surprised it's worn so quickly but i gather the torque is probably chewing it up, front is looking fine, do people mix tyre brands these days ? Not really fancying another Dunlop on the back.
    I've just fitted a Dunlop Roadsmart 2 on the back, with the OEM Dunlop still on the front (but probably not for much longer). Works fine, though I haven't been out in the wet yet.

As other posters have said, mixing brands can create handling problems due to different profiles - though when you think about it, every tyre changes its profile during its life (fronts get pointier, rears get squarer), and we don't worry too much about that. But I've mixed different models from the same brand several times with no ill effects.

I had the original Roadsmarts on my Fazer 6 and they were excellent, and lasted for ages, so I'm hoping the Mk2 version will be even better.