Bike
    Mt09 tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pilot road 4

Hi all
    This may sound a bit strange but has anyone had a bad experience with the pr4s? I fitted a pair just before I had the suspension upgraded by MCT who reworked the forks and fitted a nitron r1 rear shock. Initially I ran them at 36/36 psi , I have steadily decreased the pressure to 30/32 psi in an attempt to stomp them pattering and get a bit of feeling . I have lifted the back end 10mm to put a little more weight over the front. I still have little feeling from the front ,they do not seem to warm either . Even after spirited riding there is little heat in the tyres . My local bike mechanic recons some bikes are very tyre specific ,he sights Ducati multstradas feel the same on pr4s .However I only seem to read good things on pr4s,am I
    The only person who cannot get on with them ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why Are you running your tyre pressures so low? I would bet that's the reason why you are the only one having problems with PR4.

Bike
    Mt09 tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pilot road 4

Hi there
    I am running the pressure lower because they felt too hard and seemed to patter! I hoped the lower pressure may have helped the tyres to warm up similar to dropping them at a track day. I will try them harder again to see if I am going the wrong way !
    Cheers

Bike
    Yamaha mt 09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ride the bike after the suspension adjustments with other tyres and they felt fine ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's your suspension that's not working correctly,when mct did your front forks did they change your springs and add another damper rod for the side that doesn't have one? .

Bike
    Mt09 tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pilot road 4

Hi there
    I changed the tyres before the suspension upgrades . Had linear springs fitted new better quality oil and Darren (MCT) drilled some holes in secret locations ! Adjusted air gap that's it I think
    Cheers

Bike
    Yamaha mt 09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you had issues with the tyres before the suspension mods ?

Bike
    Mt09 tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pilot road 4

Hi there
    Not especially the bike was a ex demo from the dealer and the rear was squared off so I changed them to the pr4 as they had such good reviews
    Cheers

Bike
    Yamaha mt 09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your issue could be suspension related rather than tyres, if the damping is too slow or too firm you could get the same issue, might not be the tyres at all. Your issues have come since you changed suspension spec and tyres and beings as everyone else seems to be more than happy with the tyres suggests the suspension is more likely the issue... Can you soften up or speed up the suspension and see if that improves your feeling...

Bike
    Yamaha MT09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have PR4 tyres on my bike and had no problems