Bmw f800gs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some input

Hello everyone, new to the forum and soon to be new owner of a MT

Live in south Africa
    For some reason these bikes aren't as much popular here as elsewhere in the world

Fz09/MT09 and the fj09/MT09 tracer
    I'm considering those 2, 0ne of them as my next bike. Have yet to test ride them. Can't wait.
    I have been on the fz07 mt07 and was not really impressed. Especially with the front brakes...
    Current toy is a 2010 bmw f800gs with lots of kit. But I'm not into offroad so much anymore or at this stage.
    I figured one of the 2 yamahas would make for a better road bike. Considering the gs with its 21" wheel. Not so nice on the twisties anymore , tired of scraping.

I figured the fj/MT09 tracer would fill the gap. Can still do long trips etc.
    After watching just about all the you tube videos I see that the fz/MT09 owners are not bothered much by the wind
    I really love the look of the fz/MT09 and feel I want it most! But the fj/09 might make more sense. I was quite excited at first but now not so much! I'll test ride them back to back.

What are your views on the 2 bikes?
    Has anyone that wanted one tested both together? And decided one over the other for certain reasons? Expecting the one bike to be for you but going for the other for some different reasons?
    I have not seen such a video yet
    I'll just have to go ride both to see I guess
    Attached Images Attached Images Need some input-img-20170802-wa0018-jpg 
    Last edited by Aden; 08-09-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 & Xmax 250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have had the MT09 since new in 2013, so nearly 4 years and over 23000 miles. Still enjoy it, a very capable bike, and does what i want on the type of roads I ride (ie fast rides with mates on sportbikes, commuting and taking the kids on the back)
    I have ridden the Tracer, and its a great bike, but I prefer my MT for what I ride it for and how I ride. If I was to do more touring, wanted a comfier ride, or rode more sensibly, then the Tracer would suit me better.
    I still find the MT09 mental, and it never fails to bring a smile to my face,its much quicker and handles better than you would guess from looking at it

Bike
    YAMAHA MT-09 ABS matt-grey
    Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city center, 100m from a sandy beach
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecbr View Post
    I have had the MT09 since new in 2013, so nearly 4 years and over 23000 miles. Still enjoy it, a very capable bike, and does what i want on the type of roads I ride (ie fast rides with mates on sportbikes, commuting and taking the kids on the back)
    I have ridden the Tracer, and its a great bike, but I prefer my MT for what I ride it for and how I ride. If I was to do more touring, wanted a comfier ride, or rode more sensibly, then the Tracer would suit me better.
    I still find the MT09 mental, and it never fails to bring a smile to my face,its much quicker and handles better than you would guess from looking at it
    Exactly as Steve wrote!
    MT-09 is best for solo riding and 20kg lighter mostly at front... its a funbike.
    Tracer is ideal if you often carry a pilion and its like a sporty v-strom..

PS. Aden's f800gs is one of my favourite bikes..
    the motorcycleboy reigns