Thread: Maxton prices

Bike
    Deep Armor..........................who needs ABS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxton prices

Here's the prices my buddy got from Maxton.

GP20 Fork cartridges 480 + vat supplied and fitted.

Non remote RT10 rear shock 415 + vat

Remote Reservoir RT10 unit 580 + vat

Bike
    MT 09 and others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excuse my probable silliness, what is wrong with the suspension the bike comes with? do you really ride it so hard that you will notice a difference that can't be obtained with the standard adjustments?

Bike
    09 FZ6R, 14 FZ09 on the way!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you go. 2008 ZX-10 triple clicker, $65.00 on fleebay. Stock spring seems ok for now... can't wait to ride when I get my retrofit back from Chad @ ARH.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Bike
    MT 09 and others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marthy View Post
    Here you go. 2008 ZX-10 triple clicker, $65.00 on fleebay. Stock spring seems ok for now... can't wait to ride when I get my retrofit back from Chad @ ARH.

But why? what is wrong with what it came with? why is this better? I really want to know.

Bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rear spring too hard for me. No free sag. Then the damper doesn't have enough damping to control the squat on hard acceleration... stiffer spring to hold the platform is not the way to go.

But if you think your bike is perfect for you leave it alone. Nothing wrong with that...

Bike
    MT 09 and others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marthy View Post
    Rear spring too hard for me. No free sag. Then the damper doesn't have enough damping to control the squat on hard acceleration... stiffer spring to hold the platform is not the way to go.

But if you think your bike is perfect for you leave it alone. Nothing wrong with that...

Okdok, I understand that, thanks.

Bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I could fault the bike on was the rear shock. It just couldn't cope with the bumpy B roads of Derbyshire, creating a pogo effect from the front to the back between the forks and rear shock. The rear shock also looks like the cheapest component fitted to the bike (its as if Yamaha thought you would change it anyway, so lets not spend too much on it)

I like your thinking on the cheap replacement Marthy ! Do any of the late R6 shocks come close to fitting ( like the FZS1000 swap for an item from the R6 ? http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,936.0.html )
    Last edited by marcusfordus; 12-04-2013 at 11:45 PM.

Bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusfordus View Post
    The only thing I could fault the bike on was the rear shock. It just couldn't cope with the bumpy B roads of Derbyshire, creating a pogo effect from the front to the back between the forks and rear shock. The rear shock also looks like the cheapest component fitted to the bike (its as if Yamaha thought you would change it anyway, so lets not spend too much on it)

I like your thinking on the cheap replacement Marthy ! Do any of the late R6 shocks come close to fitting ( like the FZS1000 swap for an item from the R6 ? Important for thoose wishing to source own R6 shock )
    Might fit. But look at this one, this is the 2008-10 ZX-10. The canister is offset differently and fit much better. With the R6 you might have to cut the whole plastic tray where the ABS go.

2008 2009 2010 ZX10 ZX 10 ZX 10 Rear Shock Suspension Spring | eBay

Bike
    Xjr1300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    New to the forum but just to let you know that I'll be getting my MT back from Maxton soon with new shock and fork internals. It's the first tat Maxton has done and Richard says the transformation is marked
    Cheers
    Mikeyboy1966

Bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give it a good shakedown mikey then report back, as this is high on my list of adaptations.

The import taxes killed the Penske offering from across the pond for me.