User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bike
    2015 MT 09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tracer Traction Control Questions - Help Please!

My AUS Tracer 2015 has traction control which is ON or OFFonly which is manully controlled on the left hand side of the main control panel. The mode switch on the rhs allows you to control the performance giving you modes A: agressive Std: normal B: they say wet mode, never have I used this mode.

Bike
    Ducati Monster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Funtcase View Post
    Emissions impossible; what Euro 4 really means | MCN

Not sure how you guys down under are affected, but this might be why the 2017 isn't available to you. Might be worth having a chat with your local Yam dealer.
    I'm not too sure about the effects of that down here. I have tried chatting to multiple dealers, with little success... It seems they genuinely have no idea when/if the 17 models will arrive. I know Yamaha have dropped the wholesale price of the 16 models, and that dealers aren't able to order any more in... So I would hope that means they are on their last legs and soon to be replaced.

It is VERY hard not to waltz down to the dealer and buy a brand new 2016 model; especially because they have offered me an amazing price on it! I think I will wait 3 weeks until the start of May, and if they still have no idea of when the 17's might come on line I'll have a serious think about how much I need that traction control adjustment! The assist/slipper clutch is a nice upgrade too. As is the fact that the 17 is factory wired for the quickshifter - which I'd be planning to put on regardless. I'm also a sucker for a matte black bike!

Hmmmm. Decisions decisions...

Bike
    Tracer 900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the 2017 Tracer 900 and I am driving in A-mode and TRC set to 1 all the time. I had TRC set to the most responsive 2 when I got it, but that mode responded as you describe, cutting the engine drasticly and doesnt allow front wheel to come up. In mode 1, it allow more sportier driving, back wheel can slip some befor interacting, and when it interact I havent felt it. It also allow front wheel to come up so you have to be more aware of course...I have never felt any engice cut or any other interference when driving in mode 1 so it is perfect for me. Hope this clarify some of your questions.

Also, it does`nt reset to STD when powering off and on. Mine is set to A and 1, and it stays that way so I dont have to change mode for every trips I take.