Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sports screens for tracer

I am happy with my zero gravity d/b screen it works quite well but I like the look of the shorter sportier looking screens too,I was thinking about keeping the zero gravity screen for longer runs & touring and the shorter screen for more local runs as it's only 5 mins to change,anyone any experience with the sportier screens?.

Bike
    900 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a small screen and it works very well. It was from Powerbronze.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good cheers for pic.

Bike
    2015 MT-09 Tracer 2008 KLR 650
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use an MRA Double Bubble
    Quite a bit shorter than the OEM but works much better.

Sports screens for tracer-mt-screen-2-jpg

Bike
    2017 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you still get the dreaded noise problem with the MRA double bubble screen? Or is the airflow onto your chest like a naked bike?

Bike
    2015 MT-09 Tracer 2008 KLR 650
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Bandito View Post
    Do you still get the dreaded noise problem with the MRA double bubble screen? Or is the airflow onto your chest like a naked bike?
    I still get a bit of wind noise but it's reduced considerably as against the OEM.
    I find the airflow is directed to my chest area when the screen's adjusted to the lowest level.
    However, I have the screen set to its highest level most of the time for the following reason.

Fiddling about with various screen settings I discovered that by having the screen set at the highest level the airflow just catches the top of my helmet and, there is some noise.
    Ducking or crouching down a bit almost eliminates that, plus, by accident I discovered a bonus of sorts.

I mostly wear a peaked helmet these days (I have a Givi X-01 adventure and a Shoei Hornet.) and I've found that when riding in rain. sat in a relaxed, fairly upright position, if I tip my head slightly up or down I get kind of a 'sweet-spot' in the air flow and no matter how hard it's raining, the water's driven off my visor with amazing effect.
    I've tried it with my none-peaked helmet and it doesn't work.
    So, I'm guessing it's the way that the air-flow from the screen at its highest setting, is reacting with the way the peak deals with the air flow that's directed at it from the screen.

I believe there's nowt though, that substitutes for a nice big 'touring' screen.
    I bought myself a 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 a couple of years back, just to keep mucky winter miles off my main ride and it had this BIG screen which I though looked horrendous.
    I changed my mind though.
    I bought the bike from a lad in Bath and rode it back home to Shantonagh in Ireland, in January.
    It pissed down on both sides of the water and that big old screen was a total blessing.
    That, and the very small faring kept just about all of the rain off my upper body.

Bike
    2017 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Givi screen on my Transalp and a Suzuki vario screen on my 650 V-Strom and both did the same as your MRA - windflow hit the visor in just the right place to shift any water when it rained. I never wiped the visor for the couple of years I had each of those bikes. Didn't get any noise on them like the Tracer though.
    The Powerbronze touring screen I have on the Tracer nearly shifts the rain but still gets a bit noisy. I think the screen is too close to me so might try moving it forward like a few others on here have done to see if that makes any difference.