User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bike
    Yamaha MT-09 2017 model
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My general experience has been that any cheap chinese parts just don't last the time, I've has led indicators in the past look great but are made from brittle cheap plastic and just snap, I've had tail tidys that crack after a few days use. So I now just spend a little extra and get good quality accessories preferably oem when I can. Hope my experience is of help with your final decision.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Bike
    2015 MT-09 Tracer 2008 KLR 650
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't totally agree with that, there's some sh##te around for sure but,...most of the electronic stuff we use these days comes from China and for the most part, it's usually pretty good.
    I made up my own brackets and fitted a pair of Chinese spots that I bought off Ebay for about 15.
    I used them on my Versys for two years before selling it last year to buy the Tracer.
    I still see the bike now and again and the spots are always on.
    So, that's three years + and still going strong!

Spotlights (show us yours)-spots-jpgSpotlights (show us yours)-spots2-jpg

Bike
    mt09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppie View Post
    I don't totally agree with that, there's some sh##te around for sure but,...most of the electronic stuff we use these days comes from China and for the most part, it's usually pretty good.
    I made up my own brackets and fitted a pair of Chinese spots that I bought off Ebay for about 15.
    I used them on my Versys for two years before selling it last year to buy the Tracer.
    I still see the bike now and again and the spots are always on.
    So, that's three years + and still going strong!

Spotlights (show us yours)-spots-jpgSpotlights (show us yours)-spots2-jpg
    How did you make the brackets?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Bike
    2015 MT-09 Tracer 2008 KLR 650
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clementdu View Post
    How did you make the brackets?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    I made them from flat bar. Unfortunately I don't have any closer photos but I made up a bracket in once piece that spanned the bike. It had 4 mounting points so it was very solid.
    I'm thinking of a similar idea for the Tracer.
    Considering the limited tools I have for fabrication, flat bar's an easier option for me as opposed to tube, as seen in this video on the panniers I knocked up for the same bike.

Kawasaki Versys Panniers - YouTube