User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bike
    MT09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just taken my hand guards off , what bar end weights did you fit on ??

Bike
    2004 FZ6/2017 MT-09 Tracer Fastest Blue
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just took my hand guards off as well and fitted the naked MT-09 bar end weights.

Bike
    2016 Tracer 900, 2012 WR250R
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fwiw, mine didn't wobble unless I had the panniers on and the rear suspension softened so it actually worked (and I'm bloody heavy). It wouldn't shake under normal conditions even the, but as soon as I got behind a vehicle in the dirty air it was unstable (being kind).

So, as the suspension bedded in I cranked it up both ends. Rear put back to #4 with 1/3 turn more rebound damping, front 5 turns of preload and 3 clicks of rebound from standard. Seems to have killed the wobbling, though I do agree the slight instability remaining is probably due to the handguards. Once again, it's only noticeable behind a vehicle at freeway speeds in dirty air.