Sports screens for tracer

Shaun64

Reaction score
I am happy with my zero gravity d/b screen it works quite well but I like the look of the shorter sportier looking screens too,I was thinking about keeping the zero gravity screen for longer runs & touring and the shorter screen for more local runs as it's only 5 mins to change,anyone any experience with the sportier screens?.

MT10SP

Reaction score
I have a small screen and it works very well. It was from Powerbronze.

El Bandito

Reaction score
Do you still get the dreaded noise problem with the MRA double bubble screen? Or is the airflow onto your chest like a naked bike?

Toppie

Reaction score
Do you still get the dreaded noise problem with the MRA double bubble screen? Or is the airflow onto your chest like a naked bike?
I still get a bit of wind noise but it's reduced considerably as against the OEM.
I find the airflow is directed to my chest area when the screen's adjusted to the lowest level.
However, I have the screen set to its highest level most of the time for the following reason.

Fiddling about with various screen settings I discovered that by having the screen set at the highest level the airflow just catches the top of my helmet and, there is some noise.
Ducking or crouching down a bit almost eliminates that, plus, by accident I discovered a bonus of sorts.

I mostly wear a peaked helmet these days (I have a Givi X-01 adventure and a Shoei Hornet.) and I've found that when riding in rain. sat in a relaxed, fairly upright position, if I tip my head slightly up or down I get kind of a 'sweet-spot' in the air flow and no matter how hard it's raining, the water's driven off my visor with amazing effect.
I've tried it with my none-peaked helmet and it doesn't work.
So, I'm guessing it's the way that the air-flow from the screen at its highest setting, is reacting with the way the peak deals with the air flow that's directed at it from the screen.

I believe there's nowt though, that substitutes for a nice big 'touring' screen.
I bought myself a 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 a couple of years back, just to keep mucky winter miles off my main ride and it had this BIG screen which I though looked horrendous.
I changed my mind though.
I bought the bike from a lad in Bath and rode it back home to Shantonagh in Ireland, in January.
It pissed down on both sides of the water and that big old screen was a total blessing.
That, and the very small faring kept just about all of the rain off my upper body.

El Bandito

Reaction score
I had a Givi screen on my Transalp and a Suzuki vario screen on my 650 V-Strom and both did the same as your MRA - windflow hit the visor in just the right place to shift any water when it rained. I never wiped the visor for the couple of years I had each of those bikes. Didn't get any noise on them like the Tracer though.
The Powerbronze touring screen I have on the Tracer nearly shifts the rain but still gets a bit noisy. I think the screen is too close to me so might try moving it forward like a few others on here have done to see if that makes any difference.

Toppie

Reaction score
is this mra double bubble touring screen
Yes. Well, that's what it's advertised as by the manufacturer.
To be honest, even though I'm getting on a bit, I'm not too hard to please.
I'll put up with a bit of wind noise (I always wear ear-plugs anyway) to a degree for the sake of 'appearances'
I think this ''Touring Screen'' by MRA compliments the bike and it's streets ahead of the OEM in respect of deflecting wind blast.
I've got better 'protection' though on a KLR that I own but, it's feckkin' ugly.
I've done a good few thousand miles on my Tracer with this screen, all around Ireland and a long old European tour this year and, for me, the MRA Double Bubble did the job well.

ib1-2

Reaction score
Made a slight adjustment to the standard screen by putting a rubber tap washer under the top screw making the screen more verticle and a thicker washer on the top rubber pad. Has made a slight difference to buffeting around the helmet.
20171003_163425.jpg

20171003_163433.jpg

20171003_163440.jpg

20171003_163509.jpg

Last edited: