Newbie (although oldie) from Easty Yorks

tezzer

Reaction score
Having been there done that since my AP60 in 1976, I've just sold my collection of high maintenance, but ever so satisfying 70's 2 strokes, ad spent some of the profit on a 900 Tracer.

I tried the XCXlow (being the wrong side of 5'5") and it was Ok, but then someone suggested looking at the Tracer 900.

My local dealer got a low seat in (for free) and I had a little plonk, rather then a full on test ride, and bought it, to see what it was like.

After a month, and 900 miles, I'm still not decided. Compared to the old 70's strokers, it has masses of go, reminds me of my in some ways of my GSXR-1000K5, loads of instant go.....

I went after what was badged up as an AMGC3 (but with skinny looking back tyres), the other night, and oh my did it get into a horrible weave. Not in the least bit confidence giving, and darn right scary.

Fuel mapping is best left in "B", on the bumpy country lanes around here, if it's in "STD" or "A" any jolt through the bars, makes for jumpy progress and not in the least bit nice, whereas the softer map in "B" tends to smooth it out a little.

1st service was carried out with no fuss, but noticed the oil pressure light came on shortly after, coming home from a Sunday morning run to Whitby. I pulled the clutch in, and killed the engine, coasting to the side of the road. On the centre stand, and the oil filled the window straight away, and starting the engine, the window emptied, suggesting that it was being pumped around, and the light went, and has stayed off.

So, a month in, and just short of a 1,000 miles in, I'm yet to gel with it, its just TOO clinical, but it goes well, stops well, handles OK if you keep out of 3 figure territory, and fuel consumption is in the 60's rather than the 20's of the strokers.

Shaun64

Reaction score
theres one or two on here from Yorkshire now I am from Leeds,sounds like your suspension needs firming up that should help with the wobble but remember at higher speeds it won't feel as planted as a sports bike,my mate has a ktm smt which can feel abit scary at high speed,tall adventure style bikes are high at the front then a screen & rider acting like a sale.i ride my 2016 tracer in standard mode which is ok most modern bikes & cars are more abrupt than older carb bikes,you could have your ecu flashed theres a few on here that are well pleased with the flash.