Loose sidestand spring

Kiwirider

Reaction score
I have just noticed that the sidestand spring on my bike (about 3 weeks old!) is loose and allows the sidestand to move up and down when in the up position - i.e. loose and floppy as if the spring has somehow lost it's tension. Anyone else had this occur? I think I will take it up with my local Stealer.

stavrosd2006

Reaction score
I have just noticed that the sidestand spring on my bike (about 3 weeks old!) is loose and allows the sidestand to move up and down when in the up position - i.e. loose and floppy as if the spring has somehow lost it's tension. Anyone else had this occur? I think I will take it up with my local Stealer.
Nope, not in mine, 14 months old Tracer, and i am using it all the time.
Very stiff , with strong retract action.
Is there anything else loose apart from spring's low tension? which may be causing the looseness?

Kiwirider

Reaction score
Bike is going in next week and have mentioned it to the Stealer who is going to have a look at it. I suspect that they will just end up replacing it as it may be a faulty spring that has lost its tension.

Kiwirider

Reaction score
Update - first service completed at local Stealer and sidestand spring replaced as it was clearly defective and had probably been overextended at some stage of its life. When the Stealer asked me what the problem was I told them that my side stand had "performance anxiety" - he quite liked that. Now all good and everything as it should be!

steve-a

Reaction score
I have noticed that the spring on mine is a bit lacking, it does not sound as bad as yours but may get the dealer to look at it as it is going for its first service this Friday.