Uncomfortable MT0-9 Standard Seat.

nibor

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution to the uncomfortable standard MT0-9 seat (2015 model), I get bum ache after only 50 miles max.

I have spoken to my Yamaha dealer and they agree the comfort seat sold by Yamaha is no better than the standard seat and is a waste of over £200.

R6owdlad

Reaction score
I've tried a gel cover which wasn't particularly good and now use an Airhawk for long runs which whilst not perfect helps quite a lot...

Big Julie

Reaction score
I got a comfort seat. It looks better than the standard "plank of wood" and there may be a bit of placebo that makes you feel better. Also i got the standard seat in the top of my wardrobe as a back up. So i don't feel bad. I paid about $250 aus for the comfort seat

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Big Julie

Reaction score
Also I do can do about 200 km on my comfort seat in one ride with no problems. I am 62 y.o. with recent open back surgery due to compressed disc pressing on sciatic nerve and limp stopping me changing gears. You just need to go thru the pain barrier.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

thegoat

Reaction score
I bought a spare seat from eBay a while ago, planning on getting it reshaped and filled​ with memory foam. The problem I get is my jeans strangling my nuts as I get sqaushed against the tank.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

DT09

Reaction score
Shad seat from Omnia racing Italy. Expensive but far better than stock.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

V8legend

Reaction score
I'd suggest trying the breakers, and see if you can get a spare standard seat. Then send it off to Tony Archer.

Ironically, every bike I've had has given me arse ache, but not the Tracer.

nibor

Reaction score
V8legend.

Who is Tony Archer and have you had a seat recovered by him as you are recommending him, if you have was the finished article any more comfortable than the standard seat ?

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Shad seat from Omnia racing Italy. Expensive but far better than stock.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Have to agree.. the Shad seat is far better, can ride all day, worth the cash and you can also get it heated... I suffered for 2 1/2 years on the old plank of yamaha... only bought it cos I got at a really great price on a deal with SW luggage... best thing i did..

TBH ... if my Tail Pack is on then i feel pushed forward... so I stick with panniers so i can still move about..

Also, if you like the new 2017 seat, then that fits previous 09's

Hope that helps!

Chris71

Reaction score
I bought the street rally seat from yamaha dealer £106 and I think it's a massive improvement over the standard seat

Kinjane

Reaction score
Yup. the Street Seat has about 2-3 inches more foam, easy to see (and feel) why it's more comfortable.

I tried one for a short time but found it too high for my liking and ended up using the stock seat again which after about 15,000 miles of use actually softens up slightly :)

Morseman

Reaction score
I got the Bagster seat, really good in my opinion.

However, a couple of days after I fitted it someone seems to have flicked cigarette ash on the pillion seat whilst it was parked up and burned two holes in it!

Casey

Reaction score
I've always worn leathers but last year I thought I'd try some textiles out as I wanted to ride in winter more, so textiles would be warmer. what a difference the seat is wearing textiles as there is more padding in textile trousers. You kind of get used to the seat, when I bought the bike I couldn't believe how uncomfortable it was but I think that was because it's a totally different riding style to a sports bike.

R6owdlad

Reaction score
I got the Bagster seat, really good in my opinion.

However, a couple of days after I fitted it someone seems to have flicked cigarette ash on the pillion seat whilst it was parked up and burned two holes in it!
Have you managed to repair it and if so how did you do it ?
I've a similar problem with my seat...

Morseman

Reaction score
Not found a repair to the seat, various people suggested replacing the part with the holes in.

I might try putting some sort of filler in, but will try something on the covering material under the seat to see if it burns or discolours the material.

The only other suggestion has been to get someone to add a strap across the holes, sort of a holding strap for the pillion. Since I've never carried a pillion, and no one is on the horizon who might want to ride with me, it's not going to get used either.