Akrapovič Db Buster- Three Ways!

Mordechaivanunu

Reaction score
Hi all
After seeing modifications of the Db buster by other site members, had dealer remove mine this week when they fitted the system, was going to do the same mod to mine, however when looking at the baffle decided that I could modify it to allow three different levels of noise! 1. No baffle 2. Long Baffle 3. Short Baffle.

Firstly cut as shown Fig 1 allowing enough length for the larger internal diameter of the swaged end to slide on the other part fully Fig 2.
Deburr cut section to allow swaged end to slide on easily on the outer part of the baffle (best to mark tubes before cutting so that you orientate the two halves in their original location)
Slide on swaged end and line up, fig 3 roll on flat surface to check all square (may not look square as one of the swaged ends is longer than the other
Mark and drill small holes to allow self tapping screws to secure fig 4
Have only fitted the shortest version at the moment but will report back.

Attachments

T

THAIGATE14

nicely done there mate, i see it took a good walloping before coming out tho!

RipGroove

Reaction score
I've actually gotten quite use to the sound now with it out completely, certainly wakes people up that's for sure.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
My mates just Fabricated one for me, we cut where yours is, but slightly shorter, we fab'd a wide pipe, 48mm i think, and widened the inner end so it fits snug between the inner 3 outlets and single outer ring... So its one pipe from the fixing collar to the inner connector... Had its final fit for size tonight so back to be finished, internally polished etc

It sounds awesome.. And can be removed easily.... do a pic when i get it back.

Tropicocity

Reaction score
My mates just Fabricated one for me, we cut where yours is, but slightly shorter, we fab'd a wide pipe, 48mm i think, and widened the inner end so it fits snug between the inner 3 outlets and single outer ring... So its one pipe from the fixing collar to the inner connector... Had its final fit for size tonight so back to be finished, internally polished etc

It sounds awesome.. And can be removed easily.... do a pic when i get it back.
Did you ever get round to taking that picture? :p

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Did you ever get round to taking that picture? :p
I certainly did, i left about 1cm of cut off pipes inside.. Put the pipe over the top, seam welded, swaged the open end slightly wider so it fitted inside the can correctly... To remove i use a hook...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Swagger

Reaction score
... I left about 1cm of cut off pipes inside.. Put the pipe over the top, seam welded, swaged the open end slightly wider so it fitted inside the can correctly ...
Looks nice and tidy ... not too many will be able to do that conversion though. I spent a bit of quality time in my garage to modify mine ... object being keep it simple and spend no money :D

image.jpg

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
object being keep it simple and spend no money :D

View attachment 3367
Spending nowt is always good, only cost me £10 in total, this guy makes custom exhausts and engine parts, it took him about 15 mins in total... Had to do a second visit to get swaged end right..

I just use 2 fingers and a bent metal tent peg to remove...

stumpy66

Reaction score
I think cal sport in birmingham are akrapovic dealers, i got a clamp for my fz8 a couple of years ago from them

Casey

Reaction score
I just cut the end off mine..simple, bit louder than stander but not deafening like it is with it out. I run a bit of sand paper around it so it pulls in & out easier. Just wish the bolt was in a easier place :mad: I find it quicker to pull the back wheel out & put the bolt in.

image.jpg

RipGroove

Reaction score
I just cut the end off mine..simple, bit louder than stander but not deafening like it is with it out. I run a bit of sand paper around it so it pulls in & out easier. Just wish the bolt was in a easier place :mad: I find it quicker to pull the back wheel out & put the bolt in.

View attachment 4116
The bolt is quick and easy with this (small 1/4" ratchet with a 4mm Allen key):

Sent from my iPhone 

RipGroove

Reaction score
Just to add you have to lie on the floor and hook your arm/wrist around the exhaust but once you get the hang of it it's quick and easy.

Sent from my iPhone 

Casey

Reaction score
Cheers mate I'll give it a try.
Have you made a marking so you know when it's lined up as you can't see when the wheel is in.

Off topic..why is it when I try to reply with quote it says it is to short needs to be 10 more characters??

RipGroove

Reaction score
Cheers mate I'll give it a try.
Have you made a marking so you know when it's lined up as you can't see when the wheel is in.

Off topic..why is it when I try to reply with quote it says it is to short needs to be 10 more characters??
No I just kind of push it in by eye. I have had the dremel on it though so it goes in and out a lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone 

Last edited: