Excited

Slappyhead

Reaction score
Hi all,

Picking up my Race Blu MT09 tomorrow from Park Road powerbikes in Southampton. The test ride was great, so I can't wait. I will bore you with photos soon.

Slappyhead

Reaction score
Got it and love it already. Gently running it in is gonna kill me though.

marthy

Reaction score
Got it and love it already. Gently running it in is gonna kill me though.
First 50 miles are the most important. Load the engine 1/2 throttle up to 5-6K and shut the throttle hard a couple of time. There just a little window to do it right. After 100 kiles give it few good run in the lower gears up to 8 then 10K. Then change oil...

FZ09 is not quite listed yet... FZ6R has the same oil filter. Stay on dyno oil until 1000 miles.

One last thing... be easy in fisrt gear. Anything pass 1/2 throttle make the front wheel very light! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Stripy

Reaction score
Picked mine Race Blu up from SMC Bikes in Sheffield this afternoon.
What a treat! Through Snake Pass home, top was covered in cloud, but no rain.
Oh that engine...... Sweeeeeet Geesuz Lord! It's so funtastic

Stripy

Reaction score
Been out this afternoon in lovely autumn weather. Did around 75miles, but no chickenstrips left :cool:
Still on running in - only done 125 miles in total.
It wants to play that dirty little f....r :p

SlanGlad

Reaction score
So what's your first impression after a few days riding it? Still no regrets? ;-)

First 50 miles are the most important. Load the engine 1/2 throttle up to 5-6K and shut the throttle hard a couple of time. There just a little window to do it right. After 100 kiles give it few good run in the lower gears up to 8 then 10K. Then change oil...
=> That's good to know.

Stripy

Reaction score
Oh, hell no - not for me. Lovin' it more and more, and it keeps surprising me for every mile.
My partner even said "You look so much happier!" and just got home tonight after a visit to the parents in law, it was commented "looked like someone was having fun"
What? I'm innocent :D

It is so much more enjoyable than the Street Triple R I had last year - and the quality is light years ahead if my recent £13k Ducati Multifailure :)

It also turns out to be £161 cheaper in insurance, so can't complaint :))

SlanGlad

Reaction score
You are so enthusiast about it, SuperMotoBoy, that it sounds like a testimonial commercial! :p
Especially when you write:
My partner even said "You look so much happier!"
Haha, just lovin' it!

Stripy

Reaction score
Oh yeah, well, I'm absolutely gobsmacked about this wonderful bike.
To me, it is so much better than the Street Triple - and even though I'm coming from the larger and gruntier Ducati 1200 with 150hp and what ever (failing) electronic rider assistance it offers, there is nothing of what the Ducati can, the MT can't do better - except from using all your money...
I'm not a fan of Duc anymore, should you be in doubt, ha ha :)

Slappyhead

Reaction score
I'm feeling the same. Great weather in hampshire yesterday. Riding in the New Forest was incredible. The flexibility of the engine is amazing. So happy.

Slappyhead

Reaction score
I will do when I can afford it! Thinking engine sliders and seat cowl maybe.....

SlanGlad

Reaction score
Engine sliders are a must! A bit expensive though... I'm thinking of the seat cowl too but it'll be useless if I plan to add the side cases. I don't know yet. Anyway, I'll probably fall for the shortened plate holder first. :)

Stripy

Reaction score
Engine sliders are a must! A bit expensive though...
Agree, though I have never had them on any of my bikes in the past.
I think these (originals) do not represent the best value, and i'm happy to go with some from R&G or what ever brand available.

Of original equipment, i'd look for the bags, fly screen and tank pad. Maybe an iPhone mount, too :)
I've got an USB charger from my previous bike, so wont need that.
I found out, that there is an official power outlet under right hand air intake.

What about heated grips - I think I saw some mentioned as original accessory at one point, but not seen them on Yama's site.

Riding to work this morning, just confirmed, that heated grips should be much much much higher on the wishlist for now :) *BBRRRR*