Thread: Rear Shock

Bike
    Yamaha MT-09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear Shock

My 2014 MT09 feels like a 1970's bike when on bumpy B roads around Sussex I know there has been a lot said on the forum about the poor quality rear shock but can I ask the owners who have change the shock for a Nitron is there a big difference? I have tried to adjust the pre-load and re-bound but the standard shock feels like a po-go stick doesn't fill me with confidence it fact my 2003 Yamaha XT600 handles better over the same road and it is fitted with knobbly off road trail tyres. Welcome your comments on the Nitron NTR1.

Bike
    2016 MT09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meant to be very good from all the reading I have done on shocks. If I was after a shock that didn't have independent rebound/compression adjustment it would be what I would go for.

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a Nitron R2, it totally transformed the handling and ride.