sandtrap

Reaction score
Hi .. the names Darren
Im another from scotland , not far from Aberdeen . currently riding a GSX1000 2012 but think my time on supersports has come to an end and looking i think to get an MT09 ... i cant make mind up on colour . i really like the Kenny Roberts that CMC do . if not then race blue ...
how do you think ill get on with an MT09 after a gixer ? i havnt test riden one yet but will once i get back for work in 10days ... was almost about to order one even before testing ! reading the reviews im sure i wouldnt be dissapointed ...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi .. the names Darren
Im another from scotland , not far from Aberdeen . currently riding a GSX1000 2012 but think my time on supersports has come to an end and looking i think to get an MT09 ... i cant make mind up on colour . i really like the Kenny Roberts that CMC do . if not then race blue ...
how do you think ill get on with an MT09 after a gixer ? i havnt test riden one yet but will once i get back for work in 10days ... was almost about to order one even before testing ! reading the reviews im sure i wouldnt be dissapointed ...
First and foremost. Welcome to the forum. I had a gixxer K7 before the MT and it's way way better. The fun u can have on this bike is stupid. Yes the gixxer was mentally quick but the MT will keep up with it till about 120-130 then it gets left behind. I was scratching about with a VFR the other day and I was pushing him along out of every corner and off every roundabout. U won't regret getting an MT

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm

Colton123

Reaction score
Welcome mate I had the gsxr 750 k8 but the mt is so much more fun to ride u won't b disappointed .

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,
I have a gixer 750 and an Aprilia rsv4 factory but since I've bought my MT-09 I ain't ridden either of them and that includes over the TT fortnight.
The MT is just an awesome ride and great fun. Comfy and practical but still mad as a box of frogs!!!

Id definatly get a test ride before buying just in case as it is totally different from what your used to and the throttle takes a bit of getting used to also.

The Kenny Roberts one is stunning compared to the standard colours which are all quite bland really.

Cheers daps:cool:

stevecbr

Reaction score
CMC have some great colours, IMO the Marlboro one looks awesome
I had a 2002 R1 previously, and the MT is much better.
The R1 was great on the right day at the right time (ie about 1% of the time, when a Porshe or similar would attempt to race you)The other 99% it was uncomfy,frustrating,unpracticle and annoying.
The MT is the other way round, 99% of the time its great, I now ride 100 miles by myself just for fun, tomorrow I'm off to the coast, for no other reason than its fun.
I didnt do that on sportsbikes.

sandtrap

Reaction score
Got my MT09 ordered ... Grey . should get it next weekend ! ... time to ditch the gixer ... its all good ...