OBD 2 connectivity?

Jim_Royle

Reaction score
Hi All,

I notice that some bikes get to do there ECU flashes with freeware and very cheap hardware. Does the MT-09 have OBD2 connectivity?

misscrabstick

Reaction score
I think OBD2 is a protocol for cars only, I think bike land is still a crazy mix of different makers and languages.

Y

youngy

unlikely that Yamaha use OBD2. A lot of the European manufacturers use it but not the Japs.

olivierzx

Reaction score
I think it's possible to find the USB cable and the software to read/write inside the ECU.

I've seen them in my dealer workshop and they seem to be common.
There are no licence protection on the software (key or dongle) and no partnumber on the cable.

Jim_Royle

Reaction score
I think it's possible to find the USB cable and the software to read/write inside the ECU.

I've seen them in my dealer workshop and they seem to be common.
There are no licence protection on the software (key or dongle) and no partnumber on the cable.
Yep, it's the price difference that bothers me. $450 versus $15.

Y

youngy

Most of the cheaper kits are for fault code reading, not writing back to the ECU.

Can you post an example of the kit you've seen?

Y

youngy

Tuneecu is a free version of what Tuneboy offers for a lot of dough. KTM, Benneli and some Aprliias using the Sagem ECM can all be accessed by that software. It's very useful for interrogating fault codes.............. mainly because the ECM light comes on for no good reason, and often cannot be reset without the software.

Newer triumphs like the Tiger 800 record if the ECU has been accessed using a non Triumph tool to show that you've invalidated your warranty.

mungo

Reaction score
Newer triumphs like the Tiger 800 record if the ECU has been accessed using a non Triumph tool to show that you've invalidated your warranty.
wrong you can access the new triumphs using " dealertool " although will only allow service light reset , fault code diagnosis and reset and throttle body balance and ABS bleed , but no fuel / ignition timing map changes allowed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y

youngy

pleased to make your acquaintance too. yes I forgot about Dealertool.

Tuneecu comes with a warning to that effect...... I didn't make it up.

Last edited: