Motorcycle Wheel Cleaning Stand

Mordechaivanunu

Reaction score
Hi all
Am looking at making a wheel cleaning stand anyone else attempted this? Looking for suggestions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

relz

Reaction score
What's it used for? Why not simply use a paddock stand, if you want wheel rotation?

relz

Reaction score
I realize my question wasn't phrased in the best way... (And m slightly thick [emoji5] )

When you said it's used when you don't have a front paddock stand, I assumed you meant that you only have s back paddock stand. Surely you need the back upright and steady in order to put the front on rollers, so what do you use if not a rear paddock stand?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I realize my question wasn't phrased in the best way... (And m slightly thick [emoji5] )

When you said it's used when you don't have a front paddock stand, I assumed you meant that you only have s back paddock stand. Surely you need the back upright and steady in order to put the front on rollers, so what do you use if not a rear paddock stand?
We used one with a rear paddock stand once and it wasn't the most stable thing in the world lol. If u put the bike on the side stand and use it then it seems to be better.
Obviously I guess it depends on how high ur paddock stand lifts the back wheel. The higher it lifts the more unstable it becomes.

matt.b

Reaction score
Am I missing something or wouldn't you just be best with 2 paddock stands? That looks lethal...

Mordechaivanunu

Reaction score
Didn’t realise my question would cause so much debate!
Yes you would be better off with two paddock stands but firstly it would save any risk of damage to your forks and secondarily would be a lot cheaper!! I have priced up and would cost approx. $20 AUD to make pretty much same as picture. Also TT have seen one that basically you put socket on end of nut on one roller and ratchet it round, this would solve the problem with the weight of bike making it hard to rotate wheel. Don't really see why it would be any more unstable when on a rear paddock stand with this installed than when the front wheel is on the ground basically same amount of tyre contact area either way.

CT/

Reaction score
Am I missing something or wouldn't you just be best with 2 paddock stands? That looks lethal...
That made me PMSL matt,,,, talking of wheel cleaning does anyone use any type of wheel wax to help prevent chippng of the colour coat or dont they chip ?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That made me PMSL matt,,,, talking of wheel cleaning does anyone use any type of wheel wax to help prevent chippng of the colour coat or dont they chip ?
I use "truck wash" on my wheels. No need to scrub. Just spray, leave 5 mins and rinse off. Gets them super clean and also puts a protective coating on them so no need to worry about chips etc.

PaulG

Reaction score
I use "truck wash" on my wheels. No need to scrub. Just spray, leave 5 mins and rinse off. Gets them super clean and also puts a protective coating on them so no need to worry about chips etc.
Prevents chips - great.
I bet it makes the bike 20 kg lighter too,and use half as much fuel.lol