Cheerio Versys. Hello naked fun

davie

Reaction score
Naked fun, with clothes on ? Ha ha

I just bought a new 2015 MT 09 ABS in rac blue. I traded in an 07 MK1 Versys for it and got a good price.

I don't pick up my bike till the 1st of March, which is coincidently my 50th birthday .

I have not ordered any extras for it, and don't intend to add any luggage etc.

One question though, does the screen make a difference at all ? Or is there any aftermarket screens available that are better than the official yamaha one?

flydnb

Reaction score
the yammy screen is purely cosmetic probably does something , im only 5 ft 8 and don't really get a problem with windblast even at 90 mph on motorway its ok , if you have come off a faired bike you will notice it for sure though and need to strengthen your weakened muscles from using a screen , I bet your looking fwd to the bike ready for the summer in Scotland in august lol , welcome to the forum by the way .

alan_manic

Reaction score
I bet your looking fwd to the bike ready for the summer in Scotland in august lol , welcome to the forum by the way .
We usually get a week of summer sunshine in August up in Inverness. I think the MT09 looks odd without a small screen. The Yamaha one is the best looking IMHO.

stevecbr

Reaction score
Agree with above, had my screen fitted from new, finishes off the look of the bike. In my eyes it doesnt look finished without one.
Not sure how much difference it makes, not a lot I would think, still get soaked if it rains (your back gets as wet as your front when it rains!)

lee1980

Reaction score
Welcome good choice of bike, saw a 2015 race blu for real recently to and the blue forks are not to bright in real life!

davie

Reaction score
Welcome good choice of bike, saw a 2015 race blu for real recently to and the blue forks are not to bright in real life!
The 2015 has the numbers 09 in blue on the right hand firing.not sure if I will like it in the flesh.
I will find out in 2 weeks time, showroom is opening up especially for the new bikes leaving showroom on the first, so I will have a look at the difference of how bike looks, with and without screen.

lee1980

Reaction score
I expect you will, as ever most bikes seem to look better in the flesh than for real, and the blue looked great to me!

davie

Reaction score
I expect you will, as ever most bikes seem to look better in the flesh than for real, and the blue looked great to me!
They had a tracer in stock with blue wheels and forks, so I have seen them already. It is the blue numbers on the right hand fairing that I am not sure about. Even the salesman was surprised, it must be new for the 2015 model.
13 days to go

lee1980

Reaction score
I see yea the one i see on way to work has numbers to sure it must be a 2015 to as thats when the blue forks came in.