Tracer exhaust options

Jaffa

Reaction score
Hi all, just joined up on the forum after purchasing my new Tracer a month ago - loving it so far, first service tomorrow, where I'm hopefully also getting my luggage rack fitted and the gearbox recall sorted.

I decided the Akra pipe was a bit too much dosh though straight off the bat, although I have heard it and it sounds truly amazeballs. Anyone know if there is a cheaper, but still as guttural, alternative for the Tracer?

Paul

Reaction score
Hi
Welcome in.

Have a look at Scorpion. They are a nice sounding zorst. Maybe doesn't look as nice as the Akro though.

I'm still bloody waiting for panniers and kit, three weeks tomorrow. I got them free as I registered the bike before the end of March.

sigtrm

Reaction score
Hi all, just joined up on the forum after purchasing my new Tracer a month ago - loving it so far, first service tomorrow, where I'm hopefully also getting my luggage rack fitted and the gearbox recall sorted.

I decided the Akra pipe was a bit too much dosh though straight off the bat, although I have heard it and it sounds truly amazeballs. Anyone know if there is a cheaper, but still as guttural, alternative for the Tracer?
Carbon akrapovic is cheaper than Ti and sounds better too:)

My Toy

Reaction score
But means you have to lose the centre stand? Where the titanium retains it[emoji15]

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

Marks

Reaction score
Also looking to replace the exhaust, nearly 2k on the tracer now and decided it is way to quite but also don't really want to spend best part of a grand on a exhaust on a eight grand bike, the figures don't add up to justify the cost really. Seen a you tube vid with a ixil system on a tracer but can't seem to find one for sale anywhere so maybe was a modified job. Not a great deal of aftermarket support out there at the min really for anything on the tracer.
Mark

b8ppj

Reaction score
Keep a look out on e bay as the one i bought was from a guy who bought a MT09 with the free akro but did not want the exhaust, then sold it to re-coup some money back , we both won :)

aceofhearts

Reaction score
Thats good to know. Is there any telling which ones will and will not fit or not? What is it that fouls?

Tracer kid

Reaction score
Two brothers do one and I believe arrow are on with one.
The race Akro with the loop in doesn't.

Fouls the centre stand but if you can live without the center stand any will fit

aceofhearts

Reaction score
Been looking at the options and I still like the carbon akra the best, but really don't want to get rid of the centre stand. The Two Brothers is nice as well but really expensive.

I think I might take the plunge with the Carbon Akra and see if the centre stand can be modified in any way so that it still fits. Does anyone know where it fouls the exhaust or just that it doesn't fit?

reeseyboy

Reaction score
Been looking at the options and I still like the carbon akra the best, but really don't want to get rid of the centre stand. The Two Brothers is nice as well but really expensive.

I think I might take the plunge with the Carbon Akra and see if the centre stand can be modified in any way so that it still fits. Does anyone know where it fouls the exhaust or just that it doesn't fit?
It's the can hanger bracket that's the problem; it needs to fit behind the right hand foot peg mount but the centrestand bracket is already there. Apart from that small issue, it'll be OK!

aceofhearts

Reaction score
Thanks thats good to know :)

I am still window shopping, really like the look of the MIVV and Termignoni systems as well but nobody seems to say anywhere if they will fit with the stand :(

J.J.B.

Reaction score
Fitted my Akra on Saturday after finding a great deal on flea-bay. Could not be happier, sounds a treat and after changing the CO levels I feel confident this will cement the relationship with this amazing piece of kit. Would never want to lose the option of a centre stand when one is provided.

adam

Reaction score
Well guys i've just got done fitting the carbon Akrapovic. I have removed the centre stand as my right heel kept touching it anyway,plus i hate centre stands but accept their usefulness. It was an absolute pain to fit!! Although it looks and sounds fantastic i wouldn't relish the chance to do it again. The fitting dimensions all seem different,maybe the chassis dimensions make that extra little difference.

MikeyFZS1

Reaction score
I've fitted an IXIL Hyperlow system to my Tracer, please see my post in the "Tracer Mods" section. Excellent quality, sounds superb, compatible with the Tracer centre stand, looks great (IMO) and very reasonably priced (always a bonus for a Yorkshireman !!) I'm a happy camper :)

stevecbr

Reaction score
The standard MT-09 exhaust is exactly the same as the one on the Tracer.
I think they have different fixings. I have just modded my standard MT09 exhaust, basically cut the top off, cut out some internal pipe and drilled some holes, and had it welded back up by a local fabricator. Totalcost £82 including new exhaust off Ebay.Sound before was 88db standard at tickover, now 96db at tickover. Doesnt sound much louder, sound is much deeper.
There is a thread about modding the standard exhaust on here somewhere, well worth doing

MJ09

Reaction score
UK, Midlands between coventry and Birmingham
I have just fitted the Arrow X Cone system to my Tracer, It fits fine with the centre stand. I choose the X cone as it has the "silencer" bracket welded on, no need for a tacky wrap around band.

The DB killer is also easy to remove, I am running with it in at the moment. Sounds good, not too loud at all. CO's set to 15, engine feels more responsive at the bottom end, have not had chance to open it up fully yet....

I took a chance and bought it from the Italian dealer that advertises on e bay, took a couple of weeks to arrive but it was fine, undamaged and compared to an Akra, very reasonably priced.