S-Tec for Flashing

Glennholmes

Reaction score
Being a new member and having read several threads on here about ECU Flashing, i wasn't too sure, I took my standard 2016 Tracer down to Simon of S-Tec in Newbury on Monday and spend a brilliant morning with Simon as he carefully dismantled my bike and then flashed my ECU. My ride back to North Wales was fantastic, no more diving on closing the throttle and opening the taps produced a clean, smooth and progressive response with none of the throttle snatch that the stock machine is known for. Really happy, plus all the tips and advice that Simon passed on are invaluable. Standard mode is now as good as the A mode ever was and I was still getting 62 mpg, Chieveley Service Station to Colwyn Bay on a tankful. Not too shabby. If you are thinking of having the ECU done then I would thoroughly recommend Simon and you will certainly notice a huge difference. Next up Maxton suspension and then upgrade the exhaust and definitely back to Simon for a remap. Thanks for all the posts on the issue of flashing, it definitely helped me out and going to S-Tec was the best advice I've had for ages. Cheers.

Hexme

Reaction score
Very helpful post Glenn, i shall be contacting Simon soon as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Being a new member and having read several threads on here about ECU Flashing, i wasn't too sure, I took my standard 2016 Tracer down to Simon of S-Tec in Newbury on Monday and spend a brilliant morning with Simon as he carefully dismantled my bike and then flashed my ECU. My ride back to North Wales was fantastic, no more diving on closing the throttle and opening the taps produced a clean, smooth and progressive response with none of the throttle snatch that the stock machine is known for. Really happy, plus all the tips and advice that Simon passed on are invaluable. Standard mode is now as good as the A mode ever was and I was still getting 62 mpg, Chieveley Service Station to Colwyn Bay on a tankful. Not too shabby. If you are thinking of having the ECU done then I would thoroughly recommend Simon and you will certainly notice a huge difference. Next up Maxton suspension and then upgrade the exhaust and definitely back to Simon for a remap. Thanks for all the posts on the issue of flashing, it definitely helped me out and going to S-Tec was the best advice I've had for ages. Cheers.
Thanks for the review Glen. I know Simon enjoys reading them lol. We at S-Tec are very happy that you are pleased with the results. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you need anything else, especially when you get a system put on.

Regards,
Richie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Matend

Reaction score
I have my 2017 MT-09 booked in at S-Tec for next week. Cannot wait! Did you go for the full map or just the flash then?

Glennholmes

Reaction score
I have my 2017 MT-09 booked in at S-Tec for next week. Cannot wait! Did you go for the full map or just the flash then?
Hi Matend
Simon took out the ecu for me and then remapped it, plus doing the exhaust sensor and removing the foam restricting the air intake. You won't be disappointed, that's for sure