how do you wire to auxillary socket?

stevecbr

Reaction score
I dont think its either of those. Theres an auxillary socket behind the left side tank pod thing, which I assume you just plug any accessories into. I would have thought it would be wired to the ignition, so only comes on when bike running. The photo I took is the top cap, I suppose what I want is a top cap I can wire a charger into

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I c... I was under the impression that the bike is Pre-wired for the DC output and the first link i posted was the bit u need to finish it off...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fair enough...
I thought it was added to the bike to complete the gap between the plug on the side of the bike and the battery...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah... was thinking the same thing..
Wud eliminate having to carry a battery cell to charge my phone...it's only a small cylinder shape but it's one less thing to have to find a home for...

Jesus, I've left myself open to all kinds of evil quote changes there haven't I....lol

W8ENN

Reaction score
I've just fitted the USB just waiting on plug from cycle terminal. I'll be ordering the Tigra bike console and using my iphone as gps. After 15 months in Aus I still have no idea where I am????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skooter65

Reaction score
Looking at getting a USB charger fitted to the auxillary socket on the MT, charger like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261367376125?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Where do I get the connector to plug into the stock auxillary socket? I assume the cover that I have taken a photo of below cant be wired up?
View attachment 794
Just a heads-up; The item in the photo above is actually the Ambient Air Temperature Sensor. The auxiliary electrical connector is found behind the right-hand scoop.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Where is the connector on our bike at the moment. Somewhere on the rite I believe???

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Twozup

Reaction score
Where is the connector on our bike at the moment. Somewhere on the rite I believe???

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!
It's under the RHS intake as you sit on bike looking forward- inside fake air intake tucked up at the back almost under the tank. Took some finding when I first looked!

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's under the RHS intake as you sit on bike looking forward- inside fake air intake tucked up at the back almost under the tank. Took some finding when I first looked!

Click [HERE] then {HERE}
So I'm assuming that you have to take the "fake intake" off to get to it...

Twozup

Reaction score
You prob know already Trips but just incase- don't pull the two black tabs off that hold on front of intake- push in the little pin in the centre of them by a few mm first this loosens then enough they just slip out with a little tug (oooeer)

Click [HERE] then {HERE}