Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Tanklock bags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tanklock bags

Hi everyone
    Just kitting out my new Tracer with Givi V47 top box and touring screen, which works really well, not sure about the looks!
    On the lookout for Givi PLXR2122 pannier frames and V35 panniers if anyone has some surplus to requirements.
    Has anybody any recommendations on Tank bags? I only want a small one 5-10ltrs. A tanklock type is what I'm looking for. Givi do one but it's a semi-hard case and the opening is half way down which means, I suspect, anything more than half full and stuff falls out when you open the zip? Held and SW Motech make the sort of thing I'm looking for but does anyone know if adaptors fit the tracer fuel cap? I know the front tank trims get in the way on some designs. Any help much appreciated.
    By the way I think the Tracer 900 is an epic bike. Having come from a BMW R1200rt 2011 and 2 FJR 1300's I expected to be left wanting in the comfort department. Surprisingly my wife finds the seat at least as comfortable as the BMW but hates the wind noise. We haven't tried the Givi screen 2 up yet but it's quiet for the rider so here's hoping. I certainly don't find the seat that comfortable but I'm having too much fun to care at the moment!

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 & Xmax 250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the small 3 litre Givi XS319. its small, but enough for earplugs,phone,wallet,disclock and plastic stand thingy. Easy on and off, and no damage to tank at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecbr View Post
    I have the small 3 litre Givi XS319. its small, but enough for earplugs,phone,wallet,disclock and plastic stand thingy. Easy on and off, and no damage to tank at all
    Thanks for your quick reply. I have that one down as an option.
    Might wait and see what they've got at the NEC show in November.

Bike
    MT-09 & MT-07 and CB200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynner View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply. I have that one down as an option.
    Might wait and see what they've got at the NEC show in November.
    I have the slightly bigger ST602 (4 ltr as opposed to 3 ltr of the XS319) here (hopefully) are some pics which may give you an idea of size:

Tanklock bags-tanklok-1-jpgTanklock bags-tanklok-2-jpgTanklock bags-tanklok-3-jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really useful. Many thanks.
    Plenty big enough for me, I think. What does it look like on the bike and are there any external pockets for peyage tickets, etc?

Bike
    MT-09 & MT-07 and CB200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynner View Post
    That's really useful. Many thanks.
    Plenty big enough for me, I think. What does it look like on the bike and are there any external pockets for peyage tickets, etc?
    No external pockets I'm afraid but here's what it's like on the bike:

Tanklock bags-tanklok-4-jpgTanklock bags-tanklok-5-jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as I thought . Any bigger would be too big!
    Thanks for your efforts. That looks like the best choice for me.
    Cheers!

Bike
    2017 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donut,

Cracking choice....the book that is.