Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bike
    MT-09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satan's little helper View Post
    At the mo I can live with the rear and maybe up grade to zx10 or r1 shocker its front I have no confidence in. how much did your front end cost
    Revalving my own forks, the cost is around 250 including springs, oil and valve kit.

Alternatively you could buy the Andreani cartridges for a little over 400. You then need them fitted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chump View Post
    Revalving my own forks, the cost is around 250 including springs, oil and valve kit.

Alternatively you could buy the Andreani cartridges for a little over 400. You then need them fitted.
    wHICH SPRINGS YOU USING i UPRATED MY OLD BIKE FORNT END USING HAGON PROGRESSIVE AND SLIGHTLY THICKER OIL AND THEY WERE BRILL.

Bike
    MT-09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satan's little helper View Post
    wHICH SPRINGS YOU USING i UPRATED MY OLD BIKE FORNT END USING HAGON PROGRESSIVE AND SLIGHTLY THICKER OIL AND THEY WERE BRILL.
    I used Sonic springs from the US. This time I will be buying K-tech springs, which were not available last time round.

Always go linear, never progressive.

Bike
    YAMAHA MT-09 ABS matt-grey
    Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city center, 100m from a sandy beach
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2014 mt-09s are using 75kg/cm fork springs. I've change them for the Ohlins 90kg/cm springs with sae 5 fork oil for road use. There are no more need to preload the springs and the front is sharper in turns and stiffer when braking.. then the adjustment of rebound is more specific and positive.
    Allthough if your body weight is less than 70kg the standard springs is OK and you need only a thicker fork oil to help fork become stiffer..
    ZX10R '08-'10 rear shock is the "best value for money" sollution for MT's rear suspension.
    Then its easy to reach the limits of your rear tyre in everyday commute..!
    the motorcycleboy reigns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fork springs

Quote Originally Posted by motorcycleboy View Post
    The 2014 mt-09s are using 75kg/cm fork springs. I've change them for the Ohlins 90kg/cm springs with sae 5 fork oil for road use. There are no more need to preload the springs and the front is sharper in turns and stiffer when braking.. then the adjustment of rebound is more specific and positive.
    Allthough if your body weight is less than 70kg the standard springs is OK and you need only a thicker fork oil to help fork become stiffer..
    ZX10R '08-'10 rear shock is the "best value for money" sollution for MT's rear suspension.
    Then its easy to reach the limits of your rear tyre in everyday commute..!
    I rebuilt the front forks of my old bike no probs but ive never dealt with cartridge forks before. Is it simply take the pressure of the springs unscrew the fork tops then take of the rods then drain the oil then take old springs out and put the new ones in then top up with new oild connect the fork tops then adjust once back on the bike?

Bike
    MT-09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

You need a spring compressor to compress the spring before you can remove the fork cap, remove the spacer and spring, empty the oil, refill and set air gap. Then fit the spring and spacer, compress the spring again and refit the cap.

You have to set the cap at the correct height on the rod in order to not screw up the amount of rebound damping adjustment.