How far does f-trip go?

railwarf

Reaction score
I find it really annoying when the bike goes into f-trip when riding around rather than just stay on the trip meter.

I have never tested the limit...if only they updated the console to read kms remaining based on fuel in tank divided by avg usage

Anyone know how far it goes before pumping?

I mostly commute and i get to 170-180kms before f-trip. And I only seem to pump to 10litres....im assuming f-trip holds 4litres?

Schultzy

Reaction score
It seems that way - its basically your reserve but its pretty generous.

Thats about the same fuel mileage as me.

Ive never really tested it - I usually freak out when it starts flashing so I fill up straight away. I think the most ive ever filled up is 11 litres and id probably done 20 odd kms on ftrip - cant remember exactly though.

Id be interested to hear the most someone has gone on their ftrip!

Last edited:

SagFZ09

Reaction score
38km on F-Trip at a cruising speed of 100km/hr. 13 liters to fill the tank up... Must say that I was very happy to finally find a gas station.

Yamaha FZ09 / First bike and it make me smile like nothing else!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do 30 MILES on f-trip every time and never run out

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

relz

Reaction score
I find it really annoying when the bike goes into f-trip when riding around rather than just stay on the trip meter.

I have never tested the limit...if only they updated the console to read kms remaining based on fuel in tank divided by avg usage

Anyone know how far it goes before pumping?

I mostly commute and i get to 170-180kms before f-trip. And I only seem to pump to 10litres....im assuming f-trip holds 4litres?
I have!

out_of_fuel.jpg

I bottomed out my tank today on the way to work :(, as you can see I was only 28.8km into the f-trip.
My average consumption is around 15km/l, so it seems that I had less than 2 litres in the f-trip (or the f-trip is lying).

Lucky I was on my way to the petrol station and it was downhill, so I just rolled down the last 100 meters and filled her up with just over 14 litres.

relz

Reaction score
I parked the bike overnight when it was already in f-trip. Perhaps in the morning it restarted the counter?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Birdy

Reaction score
I forgot my cash/card a while back .... got to and from work .... 32 miles !!!! is this a record ?..... what have i won.......must say i was riding like my mum tho :eek:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I forgot my cash/card a while back .... got to and from work .... 32 miles !!!! is this a record ?..... what have i won.......must say i was riding like my mum tho :eek:
I do 30 miles almost every time. Must admit my arse is in twitch mode near the end lol

Cypher

Reaction score
Had 16 miles sharp on the dash when it ran out of petrol 50 yards before BP... Only managed to put 13 litres in so not sure if my tank is smaller :D

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Had 16 miles sharp on the dash when it ran out of petrol 50 yards before BP... Only managed to put 13 litres in so not sure if my tank is smaller :D
My last fill up was 13.56ltrs. I got 136.7 miles out of it and had 30 miles on the F-trip

relz

Reaction score
I think the conclusion so far is don't trust the f-trip indicator.
Seems the driving distance can vary from as low as 25km to as high as 51km..

Chuck

Reaction score
In B-mode at highway speeds in 6th I went 32 Km and still had about 0.5 lt left I reckon when I filled up.
On the side stand I don't think you can fill to max anyway...

richo

Reaction score
ok ive read the manual and it says that the bottom of the filler cup is full , is this right ???
im sure i usually have filled my old bikes to the lower edge of the cap if you know what i mean.

Schultzy

Reaction score
My normal commuting riding (no start stop but tame riding) and ill get about 180kms before ftrip comes on.
I went out for my first run since having the ECU flashed on the weekend with a couple of other mt09 riders and I got 200km and it hadnt come on yet! That involved a fair bit of spirited riding too - if anything given the fuel maps id have expected fuel economy to go down but it doesnt seem that way so far.

sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ok ive read the manual and it says that the bottom of the filler cup is full , is this right ???
im sure i usually have filled my old bikes to the lower edge of the cap if you know what i mean.
I fill mine up on the side stand and dribble the last litre or so in. Every time it bubbles up to the actual brim of the filler neck I stop and let the bubbles go down and start again. Can usually get 12.55-13.55Ltrs in on every fill up