Hyperpro suspension in my mt 09

relz

Reaction score
And Relz? Is it good?
I'm happy with the result.

I admit I'm no racing driver and haven't been to a real race track, but I've been riding the bike as hard as I can, and it feels good to me. I have no fear getting into a corner as fast as I dare, and don't need to worry about uneven surface bumps etc.
The bike stays steadily on the same line, and does not wallow or dance with the rear, under any circumstance.

I crancked up the rebound damping a bit more thant their recommended setting so it's a bit stiff, but it's good for me. The bike feels stiffer, i.e. you feel the bumps in the road more, but even if every now and then the bike jumps over a fast small bump, rather than tracking the surface, you still land on the road planted and in the same line as you were before the bump, so it's not a big issue.

Snelle, did you end up getting one?

Snelle Snip

Reaction score
I expect to have my bike back at the end of this week with the Hyperpro Street Kit and with.......the Akra titanium line!
And after that I'll hope for good weather, because as it looks now I'd better have a boat instead a bike.:(

Saulius Kiskis

Reaction score
I expect to have my bike back at the end of this week with the Hyperpro Street Kit and with.......the Akra titanium line!
And after that I'll hope for good weather, because as it looks now I'd better have a boat instead a bike.:(
Can't wait for Hyperpro 461 to be built and delivered, just ordered, 4 weeks to make 1 :(, together with K Tech ids cartridges and springs kit, the bike should be absolute beast to throw around :)

Snelle Snip

Reaction score
Bike is much more stabile especially under braking and cornering on bumpy roads.
Also ABS on the rear brake is not reacting so quickly as before the changes.

delete

Reaction score
3. The dampening can't really be adjust too much so he suggested getting 'zuigers' (help me translate this dutch people) from a fireblade or any other suspension manufacturer but only if you really wanted to improve the front end even more
I don't know if it's already been translated :), but 'zuigers' are pistons.
A weird suggestion imho.

Greenman41

Reaction score
I recently fitted a Hyperpro Streetbox kit to my 2017 Tracer. As I do hardly any pillion carrying I didn’t get the remote preload adjuster though I was surprised and disappointed to find that the preload adjuster is at the top/front of the shock and totally inaccessible. Adjusting preload now needs to shock to be removed 😕

That’s the only downside. The springs are set just right for my weight and the recommended damping settings work just fine. It’s easily the best £500 I spent on a bike (NEC Show price) and I’m now totally happy with the handling. For me it’s a good compromise between adventure bike soft and plush, and sports bike firm. The bike holds a line on bumpy corners and there’s much more feedback, even with the crap D222 original tyres. I’m sure the full Maxton or Ohlins works would be better but that’s a Price I’m not prepared to pay and I’m not a fast or good enough rider to get the benefit.

DaveC

Reaction score
I fitted a new K-Tech Razor rear shock to my 2014 MT09 only 4 weeks ago.
Massive improvement.
FTR suspension fitted the correct spring for my weight so the preload was in the ball park area already.
On that shock there is an adjustable collar below the spring with about 5mm of thread either way, and they supply a C spanner too.
It's crazy that you have to remove your shock to adjust preload , you have no easy way of setting say or altering preload for 2 up riding.
How many other shocks have this arrangement ?

Greenman41

Reaction score
Agree it’s crazy probably wouldn’t have bought it if I’d realised at the time. Would have gone for a Nitron and fork springs from anybody, what’s the difference as long as the spring rate is right for your weight.