New Member Checklist

T-Bone

Reaction score
New Member New Bike New Life

Hi Guys n Gals,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've just bought an MT09 and collect the beauty Tomorrow. very excited!

Can't see a lot of regular posts on here but then again we are heading into winter.

anyway nice to meet you all and safe riding!

thanks

T:cool:

BostikMT09

Reaction score
New to the Naked Bike World

Hello and Mabuhay from the Philippines! Been riding Dirtbikes for years and decided to move to the World of Naked Bikes. Saw the MT-09 on Youtube and I said this is where I want to be.
Just got my 2016 Yamaha MT-09A a month ago and loving everybit of it. Looking forward to Learn and Share with you all about the great bike. Cheers!

Mr Ant

Reaction score
Hello - first time on this forum

Hi, I'm looking at the MT 09 as a possible FJR replacement. Most of the info and reviews I've read are good. Is there any particular weakness on this model. For instance, the FJR suffers from poor servicing of the suspension linkage. Are there any such problems to look out for with the MT 09.
I prefer the seat height of the MT 09 over theTracer. What's the main difference between these models?

chump

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at the MT 09 as a possible FJR replacement. Most of the info and reviews I've read are good. Is there any particular weakness on this model. For instance, the FJR suffers from poor servicing of the suspension linkage. Are there any such problems to look out for with the MT 09.
I prefer the seat height of the MT 09 over theTracer. What's the main difference between these models?
I'd say you're on the wrong track if you want the MT to be an FJR. The Tracer is far more suited to the role, with the screen etc. IMO the MT is far too hooligan to be a touring bike.

The bike is still probably too new to have any problems like that but Yamaha are not renowned for over greasing bearings in the factory.

Stripy

Reaction score
The tracer is a great bike, so is the MT; the linkage needs lubing at some service check ups, its not going to last forever.
You can use the MT as touring bike, i've done the Alps and Harz mountains, and worked absolutely wonderful - if anything, a bit bugger fuel would be great - but the standard seat isn't, so the fuel stop after 120 miles is very welcomed. This is where the tracer comes in.
As mentioned, the MT is hooligan, the Tracer is just nimble and still fun, it will crave through corners with a big smile on your face, but very relaxing at the same time.
If you want less hooligan go for the tracer. If you want freekin laughing cornering and fun all over on every single occasion, go for the MT.

FJW

Reaction score

G'Day.
New member from Sth.Australia.
Thanks for the assistance in getting here..
MT-09 tracer in the new year.
Thanks for the info already gleaned,very informative forum.
Cheers.
F

Bruce1

Reaction score
Hi All. Location entered. Traded in my 2007 Tuono for a brand new MT09 two weeks ago and apart from the God awful seat, (Shad on order), Have tightened up the suspension slightly but will need to find time to set it up properly. Those two gripes aside am loving the bike so far though.

MikeO

Reaction score
Hi. Just joined forum. I'm collecting a 2016 model MT09 tomorrow. Looking forward to it big time. It's a new bike old stock. Got Tank pad/ Powerbronze Screen and Paddock stand bobbins on way. Next will be rad guard. Looking forward to exchanging views and ideas on here. Bye for now. Mike:)

MT Kev

Reaction score
Hi from west wales picked this up last week 300 miles done 300to go let the fun begin 5906

Oldgdog

Reaction score
Hi Guys, have been lurking here for a while, but have a question so thought it was time to join up.
I’m from New Zealand, and have had my MT09 for about 15 months.
2015 model , blue with abs, and an akrapovic muffler.

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Hi Oldgdog
Enjoy the bike now what is the question ?