MT-09 (2016) handlebar diameter?

Dasfergmeister

Reaction score
Hi all👋 I'm looking to fit some oxford heated grips to my 2016 MT-09 (UK) but I'm unsure which ones will fit because I can't seem to determine the diameter of the stock bars...... Does anyone know the diameter or have oxford grips already fitted and can advise which ones I need to buy please?

kev

Reaction score
have you thought of heated gloves? maybe not as hot as grips but I have two bikes, also I've converted my optimate to the same plug type so it serves both.

olivierzx

Reaction score
The stock bar diameter is 22 mm, and you must choose 220 mm long hand grip NOT 230 mm.

I'm satisfied by the tecnoglobe deluxe for more than 50 000 km. (on 2 different bikes)

Dasfergmeister

Reaction score
The stock bar diameter is 22 mm, and you must choose 220 mm long hand grip NOT 230 mm.

I'm satisfied by the tecnoglobe deluxe for more than 50 000 km. (on 2 different bikes)
Thanks for the feedback

I presume you mean 120 mm rather then 220 mm ?

I'll have a look at technoglobe deluxe - I haven't come across those before

Dasfergmeister

Reaction score
have you thought of heated gloves? maybe not as hot as grips but I have two bikes, also I've converted my optimate to the same plug type so it serves both.
I've never really considered heated gloves before. Not quite sure why not.... do you have any recommended brands ?

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
I've never really considered heated gloves before. Not quite sure why not.... do you have any recommended brands ?
I've used the Keis heated glove liners before and they are pretty good.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/101456

The nice thing with liners rather than the actual heated glove, is you could use them in summer or winter gloves and if the gloves wear out and you want to change, you don't have to keep buying new heated gloves - also you can simply chose the glove you like rather than being restricted to a small selection of heated gloves.

They work well, but there are a few things to note.

There is no controller, so if you want to change the heat during a ride, you're stuck until you stop and can unplug them. You also need a wire running from under the seat that you plug into and run the cable up your jacket, down your arms to the gloves. Not a big deal in practice but a pain when you forget getting off the bike and find yourself still attached.

Overall heated gloves are really good and nice that they warm the whole hand and not just your palm like heated grips, but that said, I now simply run heated grips and prefer the convenience. With hand guards to keep the wind chill off, they are a good combination.

JohnB

Reaction score
+1 on the heated gloves. With heated grips there is no heat for the little finger and the end of the thumb - this is solved with heated gloves. Gloves can be moved from bike to bike as well.
All the brands are good - Gerbing, Keis, Ventureheat etc.

A heated jacket in combination with gloves is great.

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback

I presume you mean 120 mm rather then 220 mm ?

I'll have a look at technoglobe deluxe - I haven't come across those before
Did you ever buy the Hotgrips, and if you did was it the Tourer version?
And how do you rate them if you did?
Cheers

Dasfergmeister

Reaction score
Did you ever buy the Hotgrips, and if you did was it the Tourer version?
And how do you rate them if you did?
Cheers
I ended up buying the Oxford Heated Premium Hot Grips - (Sports) & they've been great.
Really even heat throughout both grips and easy to control too