2021 mt09sp 2nd gear detuned????

Badjamin

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed 2nd gear lacking grunt down low-mid on the 2021 mt09? If I’m cruising around 4000 rpm and twist the throttle in any drive mode there is a delay in power until rpms get to 6000. Bike doesn’t do it in other gears. This is with tcs on or off with lif control on or off.

Attachments

Vdog

Reaction score
I have noticed the exact same thing. It actually feels faster in 3rd at low RPMs than 2nd. My guess is that it's emissions related. I'm hoping an ECU flash comes out eventually that removes this restriction.

Badjamin

Reaction score
I honestly find it rather dangerous. I’m guessing it’s a safety feature because it will never use the front wheel while in 2nd gear with it pulling the way it should

Peeltheorange

Reaction score
Could be they have changed the mapping to safetyise it, but then whats the point of having all those extra tcs type settings when disabling them makes no difference ...

Badjamin

Reaction score
Could be they have changed the mapping to safetyise it, but then whats the point of having all those extra tcs type settings when disabling them makes no difference ...
I’m frustrated with it. First brand new bike I’ve ever bought. Otherwise I love the thing

bobh

Reaction score
I've moticed on my 2015-model basic MT-09 that 2nd feels a bit weak, and the bike really surges forward when I change up to 3rd. So maybe 2nd gear de-tuning has been there all along?