Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Bike
    MT-09 x2,MV F3 800 RC,R1,RD400
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MT 09 L/H Switchgear

Hi, am after the L/H Side handlebar switchgear if anybody has 1 for sale.
    Or if anybody knows where theres a bike breaking for parts,much appreciated.
    thanks Mark
    You name it,
    its either got it or will have

Bike
    MT-09, Fazer8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I saw the title I thought perhaps it was going to suggest an alternative that has the conventional arrangement for the horn and indicator switches.

A few times I've had to waste precious seconds fumbling around trying to find the horn button with my thumb - fortunately it's not been a matter of life or death, but it could be one day.

So - any suggestions? If anyone has, then maybe there'll be an OEM switch for sale!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    When I saw the title I thought perhaps it was going to suggest an alternative that has the conventional arrangement for the horn and indicator switches.

A few times I've had to waste precious seconds fumbling around trying to find the horn button with my thumb - fortunately it's not been a matter of life or death, but it could be one day.
    Thought it was just me! I regularly ride six bikes, Yamaha and Kawasaki, and the MT is the only one that I have trouble with.
    Even just using the indicator it doesn't seem to fall in the natural position. Tried slackening the screws and rotating it then realised it is pegged, so I think the Dremel will have to come out.

Bike
    MT09 Sport Tracker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed mine for one from a YBR 125. Less then 20 new. I had to cut the connector off and solder some wires. But all in it only took about 1 hour to change it over. It felt so good to have it all in the right place again.

Darrel