Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bike
    2017 MT-09 2007 MT-03
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nibor have you had your start/kill switch on your MT- 09 replaced yet ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet, I still haven't taken the bike over to Deardens to have the defective starter switch photographed "before" they will order a replacement switch to be fitted under the warranty.
    Is this normal Yamaha policy does anyone know, with dealers having to photograph defective parts before they are able to order replacements from Yamaha ?

Bike
    2017 MT-09 2007 MT-03
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silly me I assumed everything was in hand, maybe the photographing of faulty parts is to stop dodgy bastards from pulling a fast one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New switch fitted today under warranty, hope this one lasts longer than the first.

Bike
    2017 MT-09 2007 MT-03
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fingers crossed

Bike
    MT-09 ABS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks bloggsy only reason I mention it is as could give an indicator what one might expect further down the road as the bikes get older.

Bike
    2017 MT-09 2007 MT-03
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a fair point Lew.

Bike
    Mt09 - sold
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try ACF50 on any problematic switches - far superior to WD40

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2015 - MT0-9 abs.
    Replacement ignition switch fitted exactly one year ago and this one is "almost" as bad, apparently it is critical the switch is returned to the centre position after the engine starts otherwise the switch and solenoid burns out.

This happened to a friend with his 2017 - MT 0-7 (same switch fitted), his bike is still under warranty, but it took the dealer a quite a while to a obtain a replacement switch, probably because there was a massive backlog from other dealers all wanting new switches for other owners with the same problem.

My dealer said they might approach Yamaha on my behalf for a free replacement switch because my bike it is out of warranty, but I would probably have to pay the labour charge for fitting it.

Or should I live with it like R60wdlad said after his replacement switch turned out to be just as bad, just making sure the switch is centralised after the engine starts.

In my opinion there is obviously a major problem with these poor quality "rubbish" switches and Yamaha should do something about it possibly with a recall. Because it is not much fun waiting almost 5 hrs for recovery (in winter) when the switch and solenoid burns out as happened to the friend with his MT 0-7.

Nibor

Bike
    Matt Grey MT09 ABS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got used to it now. It did irk me when I bought my bike from new and had it replaced just to find the replacement was virtually the same.
    Apart from that all well with the bike!