Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bike
    2017 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem with mine on my MT07. Replaced under warranty. Also had to get the left switch gear replaced on that when the headlight flasher stopped working. Seems Yamaha don’t do quality switch gear!

Bike
    MT-09, Fazer8, MT-03
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is starting to get stiff and not returning fully. So I've got into the habit of making sure it's back to neutral once I've started the bike. Trouble is, it's quite sensitive - move it a bit too far and it cuts the engine. I'll try some GT85 on it (on offer in Aldi at 99p at the moment, btw!)

In principle a combined starter/cut-out switch is a good idea, if only to stop your mates putting it in the 'kill' position while you're not looking!

I had an Aprilia Shiver before the MT-09, and that had a combined switch.too. But that was a rocker-type switch, and seemed to be much better quality than the MT one. I never thought I'd be praising Italian electrics!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would advise others with this same recurring problem to complain to their dealer as I have done, even if the bike is outside warranty. My dealer did this on my behalf and Yamaha have agreed to replace my switch FOC but I will have to pay for 30 mins. labour fitting charge.

My dealer has admitted they have changed this crap switch for approx.12 other customers, and even Bloggsy has now got the same problem again this time with his new bike (his 2nd switch on 2 different MT0-9s).

Before my dealer got the agreement from Yamaha, he suggested that those with a similar problem "with out of warranty bikes", to complain directly to Yamaha Customer Services, surely if enough people complain they will have to do something about it with a permanent solution.

Here's hoping, but not holding my breath.

Nibor