Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bike
    Yamaha MT09 & Xmax 250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Brake pad replacement

Bike now done over 21000 miles, and the pads are getting low.
    I have a 2013 non ABS model, and am happy with the braking performance.
    The OE pads are 33 a set from my dealer, 19 for the EBC similar parts, or Pyramid parts sell the full set, front & rear, for 29 (link below).
    I will probably go for the EBC full set at the 50 mark, but out of interest wondered if anyone has experience of the Pyramid Parts?

Yamaha MT-09 RC/Non ABS 14-15 Full Set Front & Rear Brake Pads (3 Pairs)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No but have a look at sbs brake pads they are very good and not daft money.

Bike
    Mt09 tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ebc double h are one of the best, more stopping power than oe brake pads. I put them my Tracer because I thought oe pads were shite. Cheapest place to buy is the sportsbike shop here is the link.

SPORTSBIKESHOP - Browse All Products

Bike
    MT09 ABS Deep Armour
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put EBC HH in my 14 ABS, only a quick bedding in ride, better, fitting Hel lines next week, so should be better again... hopefully!!!
    Deep Armour- Puig Dark Tint FlyScreen - R&G Crash Bungs - R&G Rad Guard, Shortie Levers, Modded Akrapovic Titanium Can, Aftermarket ECU Flash, Evo-Tech Tail Tidy & LEDs, Ermax Seat Cowel (with tank stripe), HEL Carbon Brake Lines....

Facebook: https://goo.gl/ZGboq6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MT09-Smurf View Post
    Just put EBC HH in my 14 ABS, only a quick bedding in ride, better, fitting Hel lines next week, so should be better again... hopefully!!!
    Are you fitting all new lines I.e to abs pump etc,let us know how it goes if you do as I've only ever swapped over non abs brake lines.

Bike
    MT-09, Fazer8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for EBC HH.

Only very minor downside is it takes one rev of the wheel in the wet to clear the water before the pads bite, so apply gently.

Bike
    MT09 ABS Deep Armour
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun64 View Post
    Are you fitting all new lines I.e to abs pump etc,let us know how it goes if you do as I've only ever swapped over non abs brake lines.
    I'm the same, not done it on ABS before so playing it safe, sending it into local dealer, their doing the recall at the same time.
    Deep Armour- Puig Dark Tint FlyScreen - R&G Crash Bungs - R&G Rad Guard, Shortie Levers, Modded Akrapovic Titanium Can, Aftermarket ECU Flash, Evo-Tech Tail Tidy & LEDs, Ermax Seat Cowel (with tank stripe), HEL Carbon Brake Lines....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some years ago I put EBC HH pads on my Hayabusa and found them to be very noisy when the front brake was applied (metal to metal grinding noise), I took them out in case they were grinding the discs away.

Bike
    MT09 ABS Deep Armour
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now fitted EBC HH Sintered, changed the Hoses to Braided Lines, so much more feel, I dont find them noisy at all, only been out to bed the pads in... looks and stops so much better..

Bike
    mt09, R1 4xv, R1 2cr
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stock gg pads are erm. Put a set of HH pads out of my 15 R1 in the empty and what a difference..