Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MT10 or suspension?

As much as i love my MT09, being a heavy lad, I do find the suspension too soft and bouncy, So i'm looking at two options:

Maxton suspension all round, cheaper option (than the other!)

Trade-in and get an MT10 (more expensive but better long term?)

Anyone done the suspension upgrade and found it made the bike that much better? or has anyone gone from MT09 to MT10?

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    depends how you use the bike. If its just a weekend blast then the MT10 is good.... the tank range makes it a pain over longer trips though. The 09 is a much more practical bike.

Bike
    XSR900/Fazer600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a go on the mt10 when I took my xsr9 in for a service. All seemed awesome with the 10 as I took it for a mandatory gentle ride for the afternoon as you do. First thing I noticed was WHEELIE!!!!!!!!!!!! In the first three gears!!!!!
    It handled just as my XSR did, maybe a slight bit slower steering, and it felt heavier. Ergonomics were similar, and it was as comfy as mine........... but.

I only took it for a 70 mile ride, and the fuel light started blinking. WTF, 24mpg?????? My 3 litre jaguar does better on fuel than that!

When I took it back and collected my XSR, I felt at home again. Iíll be absolutely honest, the 9 felt just as good as the 10 up to Ďreasonable speedsí. It didnít try to kill me every time I opened the taps, and 50 mpg felt sooooo much better!

In my humble opinion, spend a grand on suspension, youíll end up spending that extra on fuel in 12 months if you get the 10, and your simply not gaining enough in my eyes.

Apart from that, itís got a butt ugly face only a mother could love!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bike
    MT-09 & MT-09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkshiremt09lad View Post
    As much as i love my MT09, being a heavy lad, I do find the suspension too soft and bouncy, So i'm looking at two options:

Maxton suspension all round, cheaper option (than the other!)

Trade-in and get an MT10 (more expensive but better long term?)

Anyone done the suspension upgrade and found it made the bike that much better? or has anyone gone from MT09 to MT10?
    I have an early MT09 with MAXTON suspension all round, totally transforms the bike, and they will set it to suit your weight, I have had a couple of MT10 test rides and although it is a great bike for road use I think a nine with the suspension done is just as good. The other option of course is the new MT09SP, with the better suspension!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorleigh View Post
    I have an early MT09 with MAXTON suspension all round, totally transforms the bike, and they will set it to suit your weight, I have had a couple of MT10 test rides and although it is a great bike for road use I think a nine with the suspension done is just as good. The other option of course is the new MT09SP, with the better suspension!
    Thanks for that, I've just put my order in at Maxton so will look forward to getting it fitted and putting a review up.

I just find the triple in the '09 too nice to replace with anything else!

I did look at the SP, but as much as it's being touted with Ohlins, it's actually only the rear shock and i think a full custom maxton setup will be better than a factory ohlins / kyb setup