Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uncomfortable seat

Hi all,

I know this topic has been raised numerous times on here but I've been searching this forum the last couple of days to find the definitive solution to make the Tracer's seat more comfortable to no avail.

I thought mine would bed in as some say it should but after 5000miles I still find at the magic time of 45mins I get that horrible dull ache in my posterior. The stock seat is no good - I almost suspect its because its too narrow for my wide bum but some say its because the foam is too thin (not sure it feels like that).

Aftermarket seats are so expensive. Yamaha's 'comfort' seat gets mixed reviews and i'm loathed to separate with 300 hard earned pounds in the hope it works if it doesn't. Corbin prices are extortionate which leaves me looking at a gel pads that straps on (and they look crap) or a Sargent which at 264 seems steep but if it works I'd be prepared to go for it.

The last option is gel inserts for under my bum cheeks

Any comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    I've managed to get a used Sargent seat but so far I've only managed to get in a 2 hour ride, for me it seems much better than stock. It's quite hard but much flatter and wider at the rear. Will know more in a couple of weeks as we're catching the ferry to Santander on Sunday and will probably do 2-3000
    miles by the time we get home. I'll update you then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks, what covering do you have on your Sargent one? I see they do two different types

Bike
    Tracer 900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Sargent performance plus seat but with standard black piping around the edges seat for sometime now, it seems hard at first but realise once ridden a few hours with it most times I have forgotten about it and enjoyed the ride instead. Saturday I had about a 5hr ride out along the south coast and you just notice the difference of not having the original standard seat with arse ache after about 45mins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's red piping around the edge and a seam where you sit that you'd expect to be uncomfortable but strangely is not noticeable?

Bike
    Tracer 900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The red piping is colour of your choice, I just chose the black one but true, you don't notice it when sitting on the seat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can report favourably on the Sargent after a 2000 mile trip around the pyrenees. Probably as comfortable for me as my previous BMW R1200 RT and the wife is happier on the back too. I didn't see that coming!