Thread: Yamaha Niken

Bike
    Mt09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yamaha Niken

Bike magazine has just road tested the Niken, with a generally positive (if slightly bemused) take on the whole thing. As it's built around an MT09 powerplant I thought I'd ask here what anyone else thought of the concept. (my take being, I'm sure it's technically very clever but a) WTF? b) Why? and c) Yeah but it's not a motorbike)
    Your thoughts?

Bike
    Tracer MT09 2017, FZ6 2007
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not my kinda thing but definately very clever, I saw it at the "Motorbeurs" here in Holland and it looked pretty mean, but I agree I don't understand the concept. Saw a few pics last week on the Tracer facebook group with them riding them (in Romenia I think) anyway they proved it couldn't go off road

Yamaha Niken-nikken-jpg

But the guy who rode it said that he could go so much faster on it than on his own bike, especially through the twisties.
    Last edited by Gruffalo; 06-24-2018 at 01:33 AM.
    See you next time....

Bike
    MT09SP MT10SP Honda cb 360
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's certainly different and probably great fun to ride, I have seen a few reviews on it and all have been positive but I don't think I could have one as my only bike