Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bike
    MT09 ABS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb seat options to stay sane

Original seat grates on my nerves. I am sliding all the time.

You slide because there is a dip. Makes it easier to get your foots flat. Now I am 6 feet tall and don't need that.

Apparently there is street/sport rally seat. Raises the seat height considerably and you can sit wherever you like without sliding forward. Completely eliminates the dip and it is cheaper then the so called Yamaha comfort seat, which still has slight dip to make it lower and costs 239. This one is flat and cost 110.

Part numbers:

1RC247C0-20-00
    1RC-247C0-41-00
    1RC-247C0-21-00

Hope that helps. I will be getting one soon :lol:

You can see 3 optional seat types here:

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/acces...00/details.acc
    Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not...

Adrian Monk

Val's MT09

Bike
    MT09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post

You slide because there is a dip. Makes it easier to get your foots flat. Now I am 6 feet tall and don't need that.

Apparently there is street/sport rally seat. Raises the seat height considerably and you can sit wherever you like without sliding forward. Completely eliminates the dip and it is cheaper then the so called Yamaha comfort seat, which still has slight dip to make it lower and costs 239. This one is flat and cost 110.

Part numbers:

1RC247C0-20-00
    1RC-247C0-41-00
    1RC-247C0-21-00

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/acces...00/details.acc
    I bought one a couple of months ago 106 from yamaha dealer,massive improvement over standard seat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much taller does it make it feel if that doesnt sound a stupid question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2015 MT0-9 Abs.

Disappointed that the Yamaha comfort seat BS2-247CO-00-00 (@ 249 is only available for MT0-9 bikes of the following years 2016, 2017 & 2018 but not mine (2015).

nibor

Bike
    MT-09 & MT-07 and CB200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post

Part numbers:

1RC247C0-20-00
    1RC-247C0-41-00
    1RC-247C0-21-00

Flat Seat - 1RC-247C0-41-00 - Yamaha Motor UK
    Only just seen your post so probably too late to help but if you haven't yet bought a new seat and you are in Bracknell (as your location states) you are quite welcome to try my Shad seat for size as I'm just down the road in Crowthorne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    donut

Just looked at the Shad Seats site and their replacement seat for the MT 0-9 and it's very expensive @ 255, but it looks a quality piece of kit. I just wonder how much more comfortable is it compared to the standard seat, so reluctant to spend that much money only to find there is negligible improvement in comfort.

A good point though to offset the high price is, the standard seat can always be put back on the bike and the Shad seat sold separately, if or when the bike is replaced.

Bike
    B-king
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your looking for a Shad seat the best price I've seen is 224 delivered from Fastbikebits

Shad Yamaha MT-09 Comfort Seat Replacement Seat SHY0M9300

I've got one on my MT and it's a fair bit better than the original and looks nicer.

Bike
    MT-09 & MT-07 and CB200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nibor View Post
    donut

Just looked at the Shad Seats site and their replacement seat for the MT 0-9 and it's very expensive @ 255, but it looks a quality piece of kit. I just wonder how much more comfortable is it compared to the standard seat, so reluctant to spend that much money only to find there is negligible improvement in comfort.

A good point though to offset the high price is, the standard seat can always be put back on the bike and the Shad seat sold separately, if or when the bike is replaced.

Can probably get the original seat re-upholstered for about half the cost of a Shad seat by someone like Sussex Motorcycles

Elite Comfort Seat Motorcycle Memory Foam Inserts at Sussexmotorcycles.com, better than gel pads for rider comfort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi tuxracer

Just ordered the Shad seat that you suggested from Fast Bike Bits, it can only be an improvement over the standard seat that came with the bike.

Thanks for the details.
    Nibor

Bike
    B-king
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nibor View Post
    Hi tuxracer

Just ordered the Shad seat that you suggested from Fast Bike Bits, it can only be an improvement over the standard seat that came with the bike.

Thanks for the details.
    Nibor
    No problem, hope it works for you. Here's a pic of mine with the Shad fitted