Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Member
    Bike
    MT09 ABS
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Bracknell
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb seat options to stay sane

    Original seat grates on my nerves. I am sliding all the time.

    You slide because there is a dip. Makes it easier to get your foots flat. Now I am 6 feet tall and don't need that.

    Apparently there is street/sport rally seat. Raises the seat height considerably and you can sit wherever you like without sliding forward. Completely eliminates the dip and it is cheaper then the so called Yamaha comfort seat, which still has slight dip to make it lower and costs 239. This one is flat and cost 110.

    Part numbers:

    1RC247C0-20-00
    1RC-247C0-41-00
    1RC-247C0-21-00

    Hope that helps. I will be getting one soon :lol:

    You can see 3 optional seat types here:

    https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/acces...00/details.acc
    Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not...

    Adrian Monk

    Val's MT09

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Bike
    MT09
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Connahs quay
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    Original seat grates on my nerves. I am sliding all the time.

    You slide because there is a dip. Makes it easier to get your foots flat. Now I am 6 feet tall and don't need that.

    Apparently there is street/sport rally seat. Raises the seat height considerably and you can sit wherever you like without sliding forward. Completely eliminates the dip and it is cheaper then the so called Yamaha comfort seat, which still has slight dip to make it lower and costs 239. This one is flat and cost 110.

    Part numbers:

    1RC247C0-20-00
    1RC-247C0-41-00
    1RC-247C0-21-00

    Hope that helps. I will be getting one soon :lol:

    You can see 3 optional seat types here:

    https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/acces...00/details.acc
    I bought one a couple of months ago 106 from yamaha dealer,massive improvement over standard seat

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much taller does it make it feel if that doesnt sound a stupid question.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2015 MT0-9 Abs.

    Disappointed that the Yamaha comfort seat BS2-247CO-00-00 (@ 249 is only available for MT0-9 bikes of the following years 2016, 2017 & 2018 but not mine (2015).

    nibor

  5. #5
    Member donut's Avatar
    Bike
    MT-09 & MT-07 and CB200
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    Original seat grates on my nerves. I am sliding all the time.

    You slide because there is a dip. Makes it easier to get your foots flat. Now I am 6 feet tall and don't need that.

    Apparently there is street/sport rally seat. Raises the seat height considerably and you can sit wherever you like without sliding forward. Completely eliminates the dip and it is cheaper then the so called Yamaha comfort seat, which still has slight dip to make it lower and costs 239. This one is flat and cost 110.

    Part numbers:

    1RC247C0-20-00
    1RC-247C0-41-00
    1RC-247C0-21-00

    Hope that helps. I will be getting one soon :lol:

    You can see 3 optional seat types here:

    Flat Seat - 1RC-247C0-41-00 - Yamaha Motor UK
    Only just seen your post so probably too late to help but if you haven't yet bought a new seat and you are in Bracknell (as your location states) you are quite welcome to try my Shad seat for size as I'm just down the road in Crowthorne.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    donut

    Just looked at the Shad Seats site and their replacement seat for the MT 0-9 and it's very expensive @ 255, but it looks a quality piece of kit. I just wonder how much more comfortable is it compared to the standard seat, so reluctant to spend that much money only to find there is negligible improvement in comfort.

    A good point though to offset the high price is, the standard seat can always be put back on the bike and the Shad seat sold separately, if or when the bike is replaced.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Bike
    B-king
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Invergordon
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your looking for a Shad seat the best price I've seen is 224 delivered from Fastbikebits

    Shad Yamaha MT-09 Comfort Seat Replacement Seat SHY0M9300

    I've got one on my MT and it's a fair bit better than the original and looks nicer.

  8. #8
    Member donut's Avatar
    Bike
    MT-09 & MT-07 and CB200
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nibor View Post
    donut

    Just looked at the Shad Seats site and their replacement seat for the MT 0-9 and it's very expensive @ 255, but it looks a quality piece of kit. I just wonder how much more comfortable is it compared to the standard seat, so reluctant to spend that much money only to find there is negligible improvement in comfort.

    A good point though to offset the high price is, the standard seat can always be put back on the bike and the Shad seat sold separately, if or when the bike is replaced.

    Can probably get the original seat re-upholstered for about half the cost of a Shad seat by someone like Sussex Motorcycles

    Elite Comfort Seat Motorcycle Memory Foam Inserts at Sussexmotorcycles.com, better than gel pads for rider comfort.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi tuxracer

    Just ordered the Shad seat that you suggested from Fast Bike Bits, it can only be an improvement over the standard seat that came with the bike.

    Thanks for the details.
    Nibor

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Bike
    B-king
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Invergordon
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nibor View Post
    Hi tuxracer

    Just ordered the Shad seat that you suggested from Fast Bike Bits, it can only be an improvement over the standard seat that came with the bike.

    Thanks for the details.
    Nibor
    No problem, hope it works for you. Here's a pic of mine with the Shad fitted

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:13 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.6.3 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Original Poster In Postbit provided by Original Poster In Postbit v1.0.0 (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


MT09.motorcycle-talk.com is not associated with Yamaha in any way. We are an enthusiast site dedicated to the Yamaha MT-09 / FZ-09 motorcycles. Our goal is to offer a place for Yamaha FZ09 / MT09 owners to discuss rides, events, mods, maintenance, purchasing, etc.

vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com