Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  139
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

View Poll Results: Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Bike
    MT09SP MT10SP Honda cb 360
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*****ECU "news" flash*****

It's Keith, TT ,yes I am well happy with it and I know Dave is as well ,forget the g2 and put the 60 quid towards the ECU flash, it will make a fantastic bike even better, road another mate's mt today with a akrapovic and Co done and the different is that
    mine just feels a lot sharper and positive
    Last edited by Triple Trouble; 08-16-2014 at 07:02 AM.

Bike
    MT09 ABS Deep Armour
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone want to buy a G2?

Bike
    2016 R1, 2016 MT09, 2014 MT07, 2016 Tracer
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzy View Post
    It's Keith, TT ,yes I am well happy with it and I know Dave is as well ,forget the g2 and put the 60 quid towards the ECU flashí*½í¸
    it will make a fantastic bike even better, road another mate's mt today with a akrapovic and Co done and the different is that
    mine just feels a lot sharper and positive
    Yes Keith I remember now. Been a long day...!

Well for the price of 2 G2's uv got a mental bike with all the bells and whistles unlocked and a whole lot more.

So how is it for power now?

At the moment I'm running a custom map on a PCV. I've got 116bhp at the back wheel and 64 ft lb of torque so it's an absolute monster. I don't know how much that will drop if I take the PCV off and get simon to flash it for me?
    Any ideas? Do u know wot urs is running?

Bike
    Yamaha MT09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested TT please let me know
    more details when you have them it
    would be great if he is wiling to travel up
    North for us northern MT monkeys cheers

Bike
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*****ECU "news" flash*****

Quote Originally Posted by Chipfatbob View Post
    Anyone want to buy a G2?
    Pmsl. I get the feeling people will be flogging their G2 and getting a flash as they won't need the G2. After all, the G2 is just a tammer, it can't do all the other stuff the flash can so it's gonna be obsolete now lol.
    I've said it before.....I don't find it snatchy like most do. I think some people fell into the "forum problem syndrome"! and almost talked them self into needing a G2 but have no fear.....the flash from Simon is here lol
    Last edited by Triple Trouble; 08-16-2014 at 07:04 AM.

Bike
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckySlats View Post
    I'm interested TT please let me know
    more details when you have them it
    would be great if he is wiling to travel up
    North for us northern MT monkeys cheers
    Will do fella. Like I said... He travels up norf a lot so I'm sure u cud hook up with him and sort something out.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Trouble View Post
    Will do fella. Like I said... He travels up norf a lot so I'm sure u cud hook up with him and sort something out.
    Cheers TT

Bike
    MT09 ABS Deep Armour
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pmsl. I get the feeling people will be flogging their G2 and getting a flash as they won't need the G2. After all, the G2 is just a tammer, it can't do all the other stuff the flash can so it's gonna be obsolete now lol. L
    I've said it before.....I don't find it snatchy like most do. I think some people fell into the "forum problem syndrome"! and almost talked them self into needing a G2 but have no fear.....the flash from Simon is here lol
    To be fair, although I wasn't that bothered by the throttle (had even got used to it) the G2 has allowed me to enjoy the bike so much more and was a good alternative to a PCV.

At least it was only £65 on a tamer and not £650 on a 'limited-edition Lady Gaga whale-scrotum seat'!! (which I wouldn't need, anyway, as I've already got three!!!)

Bike
    Yamaha MT-09 with yellow Kenny Roberts paint, Akra' and many other extras.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No bud... this is far more in depth than a PCV can go. Forgot to mention that he can also set the start up to any mode u like so I'm gonna get it set to A lol
    It sounds the mutts nuts. If it does what it says on the tin with snatch removal, default mode change & gear restriction removal i'd be well up for it.
    Can you find out:
    A) If I were to leave my PCV in place can it still be done ?
    B) If yes, can you tweak map later with PCV without losing default mode change & gear restriction removal ?
    Life’s goal is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting, “Holy crap, what a ride!!!!”

MY RIDE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by makfai View Post
    If the flashed ECU is detected then I assume that would certainly have warranty implications.

I don't know but I would have thought any dealer's equipment could detect the ECU has been flashed. Would this show up when it is serviced/put on computer for a diagnostic?
    I would suspect only on faults that are caused by or related to the ECU.

Or.......don't take it back to a dealer to have service work etc done. Now that Yamaha have released an update for the ECU, I'll be fucked if I'm running the risk of having my $500 overridden by some muppet apprentice in the dealer workshop.