Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  139
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

View Poll Results: Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293
    Bike
    MT-09 in Armour
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here's proof if proof were really needed, prior to my recent flash by Simon my best mpg reading was 58.8-mpg and that was up around 3-mpg on the 55-mpg I use to get prior to my own mods ie std modified exhaust system, k&n air filter and the CO set to position 14 on each cylinder.
    So I did around 150miles today covering A-roads, B-roads and some dual carridgeway riding, and I wasn't exactly hanging around. Checked the reading upon arriving back home, could hardly believe what I saw now up to 63-mpg, wow that's a big improvement of over 4 mpg. So I'm delighted to say the least, especially seeing how the current rate fuel is going up day by day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's another positive review of Simon at S-Tech's work. I dropped my bike into him a couple of weeks ago for the full flash and dyno work, because after fitting an Arrow full system it really wasn't running at all properly. He also fitted a K+N air filter I supplied.

When I picked it up that evening Simon explained everything I needed to know before handing the keys over. I could tell as soon as I pulled away from his unit that he'd done something good to it - the transition from closed to partially open throttle was so much smoother and less snatchy. At low speeds around town I no longer have to switch to B mode to overcome the lurching and jittery throttle, it's smooth as silk - I can now roll down to 20mph in top and pull away smoothly from that. He's removed the limiter in 5th and 6th and I can tell you it will register 152mph on private closed roads and autobahns, but it does get a bit light at the front and scarily weavy/headsakey at those speeds. It's just... better everywhere.

I'm not an A mode rider, though now he's managed to work wonders with B mode and Std I may well be trying it out a bit more when I'm in the mood for silliness. Fuel consumption is better, though looking at others figures I think I may be harder on the throttle than some.

All in all the bike is completely different to ride, in a very good way and I would most definitely recommend Simon and S-Tech... and not just because he commented on how clean my bike was :-).

Bike
    MT09SP MT10SP Honda cb 360
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He definitely knows his stuff sorted my 09 and mt 10sp and will be doing my 09sp as soon as it's run in! can't recommend Simon at S-Tech enough top service and the best mod you will do on your mt 09

Bike
    MT09, HD48, ZX12R, Fazer 600, Pan Euro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would removing the AIS mess up this flash in anyway on a 2016 bike?

Bike
    2016 R1, 2016 MT09, 2014 MT07, 2016 Tracer
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the cueball View Post
    Would removing the AIS mess up this flash in anyway on a 2016 bike?
    Nope. Wonít make a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bike
    Yamaha MT09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Fizzy I’ve just swapped my 2013 mt 09 which I had flashed by Simon to a new Mt09 Sp
    did you have your Mt09 Sp flashed and if so what’s it like
    Thanks

Bike
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckySlats View Post
    Hi Fizzy I’ve just swapped my 2013 mt 09 which I had flashed by Simon to a new Mt09 Sp
    did you have your Mt09 Sp flashed and if so what’s it like
    Thanks
    Hi Mate how are you doing? Long time no see

No not had it done yet but it will be with him in the next week or 2 ,I have just got back off my hols hopefully get the ecu removed and down to him soon, the gains should be as good if not better than the original flash on our earlier mt09s ,and we all know what a vast difference that made! Don't think about twice mate still the best mod for the bike especially now you have the sp with the top suspension, and as you know Simon has a vast knowledge of the entire mt range, I'll post on hear as soon as it's done!.*****aftermarket ecu flash*****-20180827_163301-jpg
    Last edited by fizzy; 09-30-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I will get mine done when Iím back from my holidays. I know it makes sense.
    i*****aftermarket ecu flash*****-8211b3aa-362c-426e-9fa9-97c1598f9c23-jpg
    New bike and my old bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images *****aftermarket ecu flash*****-d7596029-8c13-4daa-8fca-7c80c3c28e85-jpg 
    Last edited by UnluckySlats; 09-30-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Bike
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckySlats View Post
    Yea I will get mine done when I’m back from my holidays. I know it makes sense.
    i*****aftermarket ecu flash*****-8211b3aa-362c-426e-9fa9-97c1598f9c23-jpg
    New bike and my old bike.
    I remember your original MT it was mint! Enjoy the SP mate!