Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Bike
    None
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it need servicing?

My '14 MT-09 had a 6000 mile service 11 months ago and it's only done 159 miles since, it's been sat in my garage the whole time. So will it want another service before the riding season?
    | 2014 Matte Grey MT-09 | Ti Akrapovic | Ohlins 46DR Rear Shock | Andreani Fork Cartridges | FlashTune ECU Flash | G2 Throttle | DNA Air Filter | Yamaha LED Indicators | Yamaha Fly Screen | Puig Tail Tidy | Michelin PR4's | Kev's 02 Mod |

Bike
    MT-09 in Armour
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RipGroove View Post
    My '14 MT-09 had a 6000 mile service 11 months ago and it's only done 159 miles since, it's been sat in my garage the whole time. So will it want another service before the riding season?
    IMO you should be fine, particularly if your garage is well insulated and therefore not prone to condensation.

Bike
    None
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not that well insulated as only single skin brickwork and gaps around door but no condensation or damp anywhere ever.

Bike
    2017 MT-09 2007 MT-03
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    159 miles in 11 Months? you must get out more,

Bike
    YAMAHA MT-09 ABS matt-grey
    Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city center, 100m from a sandy beach
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say "service" i think you mean oil change, which is not nessesary for now. Enjoy your bike during srping and summer and then do an oil change before you "store" it for winter..
    Allthough, talking about oil changes, my opinion is never let oil for more than 3K mi/5K km. Its the engine's "blood", is the most critical fluid and increase the engine's life.
    This week i must visit a Vehicle Technical Check Center to check my bike and put a sticker on my bike's number plate... My bike at 4th April will be 4 years old ! In those 4 years i 've done 48.500 km and my bike is better than new (and off course much better anywhere compare to newer models with different maps)..
    Then i have to get the VTCC stamp every 2 years.
    In UK don't you have the same obligation to pass your vehicles through Tecnical Control/Check when become older ?
    the motorcycleboy reigns

Bike
    '17 R1M, '15 MT-09, '11 BMW GSA, '10 BMW G450X, '89 BMW R100GSPD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motorcycleboy View Post
    In UK don't you have the same obligation to pass your vehicles through Tecnical Control/Check when become older ?
    After a bike is 3 years old (I think) all bikes need an annual MOT test for roadworthyness in the UK.