Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Bike
    MT-09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear Sprocket Studs

Has anyone encountered problems with their rear Sprocket studs? I have one that keeps spinning as I try to tighten it to spec. I've tried to have a look at the workshop manual and can't see if the studs are screwed into the rear hub or screwed into the dampers behind it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Bike
    MT-09, Fazer8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe they're screwed into the sprocket carrier. Have a look at an online parts catalogue, e.g. Yamaha MT09 2015 REAR WHEEL supplied next day (UK only) by Fowlers Parts

It sounds as if the thread has stripped, so it will probably need Helicoiling. Though you might get away with a strong grade of Loctite. Or find a used part on ebay.

Bike
    MT-09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pretty much think its stripped. The hub is aluminium and the manual states to have the sprocket nuts tightened up to 80Nm! I got 5 of them to 60NM and I'll have to attempt to helicoil the stripped stud.
    They want 150+ for a new hub!! EBay have a couple of second hand ones about. Seems the same hub is used on quite a few yamaha bikes.

Now to figure out what size helicoil I need Rear Sprocket Studs

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk