Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Bike
    2016 R1, 2016 MT09, 2014 MT07, 2016 Tracer
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misscrabstick View Post
    At the moment I am on max spring preload on back and plus half on the screw in from whereever it was on standard, i tried it with one off the preload but it felt pogosticky, front i feel is allrightey for me as is.
    Fair enough... as I said earlier... not everyone is gonna have the same settings bcoz we all ride differently... and use the bike for different things...i.e commuting, weekend bike etc etc... as long as ur happy with the setup that's all that counts

Banned
    Bike
    MT-09 FZ-09 CBX1000 KH400
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSP View Post
    Sag needs to be adjusted to your weight. Not the bike.

Suspension Setup 101 Part I: Setting Sag - Motorcyclist Online
    thats interesting as the hyperpro manual gives recommended sags for different bikes.....

Bike
    None
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Trouble View Post
    Ok. I posted this on another thread this afternoon but in the interests of information here goes....

I'm 13st and 6ft tall.

Rear shock...cranked to number 6 and damping wound fully in then back half a turn

Front shocks are wound rite down so only the first ring is showing (I believe this is 10mm but can confirm if needed to) and damping is the same as the rear...fully in (hard) and back half a turn.

This has sorted it to near perfect for me, (handles just as good as my K7 Gixxer track bike)! corner speeds are being carried a lot faster with no twitching when you get in the power early. No "diving" of the front forks under harsh breaking now either.

I hope this helps so wot.

Just remember every rider has a different style so it mite not be to ur liking.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

www.facebook.com/spudrees
    Do you mean like this? Or up to the very last ring?

Sent from outer space
    | 2014 Matte Grey MT-09 | Ti Akrapovic | Ohlins 46DR Rear Shock | Andreani Fork Cartridges | FlashTune ECU Flash | G2 Throttle | DNA Air Filter | Yamaha LED Indicators | Yamaha Fly Screen | Puig Tail Tidy | Michelin PR4's | Kev's 02 Mod |

Bike
    MT-09 Matte Grey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i weigh about 73 without gear on. my preload adjestment hasnt changed from stock. however ive completly screwed in the damping screws for maximum damping. seems to do the trick

Bike
    None
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be a trend so far then both here and FZ09.org, this is good info as it seesm to be working for quite a few people. I'm just under 13st so have upped the preload and damping just now so will see how it feels today.

Sent from outer space
    | 2014 Matte Grey MT-09 | Ti Akrapovic | Ohlins 46DR Rear Shock | Andreani Fork Cartridges | FlashTune ECU Flash | G2 Throttle | DNA Air Filter | Yamaha LED Indicators | Yamaha Fly Screen | Puig Tail Tidy | Michelin PR4's | Kev's 02 Mod |

Bike
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RipGroove View Post
    Do you mean like this? Or up to the very last ring?

Sent from outer space
    Yes I mean just like that RG...

Bike
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by julianziggy View Post
    i weigh about 73 without gear on. my preload adjestment hasnt changed from stock. however ive completly screwed in the damping screws for maximum damping. seems to do the trick
    Wots 73 in old money???

Bike
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RipGroove View Post
    Seems to be a trend so far then both here and FZ09.org, this is good info as it seesm to be working for quite a few people. I'm just under 13st so have upped the preload and damping just now so will see how it feels today.

Sent from outer space
    I found that when u give it a fist full it doesn't always "lift" so u can get on the gas more and more without the worry of hooping it over and looking a knob when ur watching the bike go sailing down the road minus a rider lol.

Glad I cud be of some help

Bike
    VFR 800 VTEC MT-09 KR Replica has landed.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is probably a bit premature of me as I don't have my MT yet but from what I remember of the test ride I'm going to have to do some setting up. Try as I did I couldn't see the damping screw for the rear shock!! Also, I notice that the damping adjustment is on the right fork leg only. All my recent bikes, Firestorm, CB1300, VFR have had poor damping and soft springing in the front. Rather than spend lots on new springs I have found a reasonable solution has been to put suitable spacers on top of the fork springs, not excessive, about 8mm max so there's no chance of the springs going "coilbound" under braking, and thicker fork oil, usually 15w. However, I have no experience with USD forks, especially where there is no damping screw on the other leg. Has anyone got experience of these forks, the left leg has to have oil in it, right???

Bike
    None
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Trouble View Post
    I found that when u give it a fist full it doesn't always "lift" so u can get on the gas more and more without the worry of hooping it over and looking a knob when ur watching the bike go sailing down the road minus a rider lol.

Glad I cud be of some help
    Just been out on some fast bumpy B-roads with the same settings as you and I'm actually really impressed, almost felt like a different bike! Before it was like a pogo stick and now it feels like its damping infinitely better.

Sent from outer space