Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Bike
    None
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post your suspension settings here.

Ok so it seems the MT-09 is a little bit bouncy and skitish in standard form and as most of us either aren't ready to or don't intend to upgrade the suspension so need to get the most out of the standard kit. So it would be handy to have some settings that give good results in one place so go ahead and post your settings along with your weight.

Sent from outer space
    | 2014 Matte Grey MT-09 | Ti Akrapovic | Ohlins 46DR Rear Shock | Andreani Fork Cartridges | Woolich Racing ECU Flash | G2 Throttle Tube | DNA Air Filter | Yamaha LED Indicators | Yamaha Fly Screen | Puig Tail Tidy | Michelin PR4's |

Banned
    Bike
    MT-09 FZ-09 CBX1000 KH400
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and the sags, is there a recommended sag setting for these bikes?

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sag needs to be adjusted to your weight. Not the bike.

Suspension Setup 101 Part I: Setting Sag - Motorcyclist Online
    *Previous Bikes: 09 Rebel 250, 09 FZ6R, 09 R6, 11 FZ8, 02 Bandit 1200s*

Bike
    None
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MT account View Post
    and the sags, is there a recommended sag setting for these bikes?
    As above, sag needs to be set with you on the bike. I'm after some general settings that people of varying weights have tried and found to be better than stock.

Sent from outer space
    | 2014 Matte Grey MT-09 | Ti Akrapovic | Ohlins 46DR Rear Shock | Andreani Fork Cartridges | Woolich Racing ECU Flash | G2 Throttle Tube | DNA Air Filter | Yamaha LED Indicators | Yamaha Fly Screen | Puig Tail Tidy | Michelin PR4's |

Bike
    2016 R1, 2016 MT09, 2014 MT07, 2016 Tracer
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. I posted this on another thread this afternoon but in the interests of information here goes....

I'm 13st and 6ft tall.

Rear shock...cranked to number 6 and damping wound fully in then back half a turn

Front shocks are wound rite down so only the first ring is showing (I believe this is 10mm but can confirm if needed to) and damping is the same as the rear...fully in (hard) and back half a turn.

This has sorted it to near perfect for me, (handles just as good as my K7 Gixxer track bike)! corner speeds are being carried a lot faster with no twitching when you get in the power early. No "diving" of the front forks under harsh breaking now either.

I hope this helps so wot.

Just remember every rider has a different style so it mite not be to ur liking.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

www.facebook.com/spudrees

Bike
    None
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Trouble View Post
    Ok. I posted this on another thread this afternoon but in the interests of information here goes....

I'm 13st and 6ft tall.

Rear shock...cranked to number 6 and damping wound fully in then back half a turn

Front shocks are wound rite down so only the first ring is showing (I believe this is 10mm but can confirm if needed to) and damping is the same as the rear...fully in (hard) and back half a turn.

This has sorted it to near perfect for me, (handles just as good as my K7 Gixxer track bike)! corner speeds are being carried a lot faster with no twitching when you get in the power early. No "diving" of the front forks under harsh breaking now either.

I hope this helps so wot.

Just remember every rider has a different style so it mite not be to ur liking.

That's some good info, appreciated.

Sent from outer space

Bike
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RipGroove View Post
    That's some good info, appreciated.

Sent from outer space
    Ur very welcome 👍

Bike
    MT 09 and others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a fast rider, I just like it so the potholes don't shatter my spine, I am not telling you lot how much I weigh.

Bike
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misscrabstick View Post
    I'm not a fast rider, I just like it so the potholes don't shatter my spine, I am not telling you lot how much I weigh.
    Hi. Have you done any kind of set up/fettling on ur suspension or are you just running stock set up?

Wud love to know wot ur thoughts are on it as there's a hell of a lot of potholes were i live and I dare say most of the guys on here too

Bike
    MT 09 and others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment I am on max spring preload on back and plus half on the screw in from whereever it was on standard, i tried it with one off the preload but it felt pogosticky, front i feel is allrightey for me as is.