Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mobile speed camara vans

Well I am fxxking sick of them this year nearly every time I have a ride out I see one in North Yorkshire and I've had some near 100 & 3 points moments I've not been going daft and they have all been in national speed limit of 60 mph,I've had another close one today I know my speedo is around 5-6 mph out compared to sat nav so I was doing a true 64-65 in 60,I am seriously thinking about selling the tracer and buying something steady .

Bike
    Tracer MT09 2017, FZ6 2007
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luckily we don't have points here in Holland, but about a month ago I got pulled over on my FZ6 for riding over double the stated speed limit (going just over 100km/h in a 50 zone). The area is very quiet, non residential and has good views of all junctions (Holland is flat). In Holland normally this means an automatic suspension of your license, but I got lucky, the motocop just gave me a warning (phew), and warned me that they would be checking this road in coming weeks . It doesn't matter what you ride, unless it's a pushbike of course

Bike
    2017 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaun,

Something a bit steady? Get an MT125. You'd probably have plenty fun ringing it's neck keeping up the corner speed but you'd still be going fast enough to get pulled! ��

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Tracers relaxed.. i sold the Tuono partially because you cant ride them at 60mph!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've calmed down lol not selling tracer,I've had a look at steady bikes today and They are all shite! I had ago on a Honda crf250l on Monday as a second bike and I could get points on that! Cheers lads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every year as the weather gets warmer the camera vans are out in force, especially on the best/most popular biking roads, they were out along the A638 last time i had a run over to J&S, luckily i had my younger brother behind me on his 125 or i'd have likely been going a bit over.

It's part of riding/driving life i suppose, and it's nothing to do with the bike, even an old BSA will do 50 in a 30, it'll only go as fast as you twist the throttle...

It's annoying as we all nip over the limit a bit at times but it's more annoying that they put them in sneaky places like just after a corner or just after a speed change, and that's got bugger all to do with safety and everything to do with easy fines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I agree in 30 40 50 I stick to the limits but national speed limit means you can play abit,what fxxks me off is you rarely see them in villages near schools etc.

Bike
    XSR900/Fazer600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta admit, the camera vans in lancashire are placed in areas where dickhead bikers 'take the piss', in villages, on mega long straights, and built up '30' zones. I'm perfectly happy with this and in my opinion the offenders get what they deserve!

At the end of the day we all speed, it's part of the thrill of a bike, just keep your observation up and you will probably spot them before the 'ping' you. But the vans that hide in places need reporting as there's specific criteria on how visible they are in the uk!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bike
    MT-09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eerm.. Don't scamera vans do people based on approaching speed? IE; park to the left of the road facing with the traffic and get traffic coming towards them?

Bikes don't have any number plates on the front!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about when you pass it! It has cameras front side & rear.